Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Play the CK main line like Bareev! (Read 2937 times)
AmateurDragoneer

Re: Play the CK main line like Bareev!
Reply #2 - 01/15/04 at 06:53:56
Post Tools
Firstly, the question is so general I'm not sure how to answer it. If you feel comfortable with the resulting positions, go ahead and play it. Certainly it can't be theoretically horrible if Bareev and Anand are playing it. Learn the theory, try it out, and if you like it, stick with it! Unless you are concerned with the theoretical status of a line, asking for advice on which opening to play without any knowledge of your rating, style, etc. is hard to do. I fail to see anything theoretically wrong with this line (though I certainly can't qualify as an "expert" because I play Sicilian with Black and refute the Caro-Kann with 3. e5) and if you like it, play it!

Also, Glo, in case you hadn't noticed, most of the recent posters on this forum have been people looking for ways to beat the Caro-Kann, not play it. So it is not that we have no affinity for the main line, simply that if trying to win against the Caro-Kann, many people feel the main lines are simply too solid for Black.

IP Logged

Glo12

Re: Play the CK main line like Bareev!
Reply #1 - 01/15/04 at 05:26:25
Post Tools
Very strange forum - everybody likes to discuss unusual variations but nobody is interested in main lines?

IP Logged

Stamplo

Play the CK main line like Bareev!
01/09/04 at 08:41:47
Post Tools
I wonder if i should start to play the CK main line like Bareev, with 0-0 and not 0-0-0, Anand and Dreev play like this too!

But i have seen some games where black got killed by an early g4-g5!
Is there any expert on this line here?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo