Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Copying Games From Chessbase Online (Read 2323 times)
AmateurDragoneer

Re: Copying Games From Chessbase Online
Reply #3 - 02/03/04 at 19:53:34
Post Tools
No problem!  Cheesy

Glad to be able to help out.

-Mitch

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #2 - 02/03/04 at 18:30:16
Post Tools
Thx a million Amateur Dragoneer, I am forever in your debt   Grin

Your instructions worked perfectly, and it leads me to wonder how many others encountered the same problem as I did. Ctrl+C never even occured to me as right clicking had always worked in the past.

Many thanks again for taking the time to explain it so clearly.

Take care

Top  Grin

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Reply #1 - 02/02/04 at 21:33:56
Post Tools
By chessbase online I assume you mean www.chesslive.de The first time you LEFT CLICK on a game to view it, an asterisk appears next to it. Left click again to remove the asterisk. Once you have an asterisk next to the games you wish to download, click the "View * as PGN" button and a window will pop up with all the games highlighted and in PGN format. DO NOT TRY TO RIGHT CLICK AND COPY as doing so simply unhighlights the text. Instead, hit the hotkey on your keyboard for "COPY" (for example, on a PC, hit CRTL+C to copy). Then, go to WordPad and hit paste (or CRTL+V) to paste the games. Hope that helps. If the asterisks are not appearing or the window does not pop up once the games are selected, then you probably have a more technical problem which I can't help you with. BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT RIGHT CLICK AT CHESSBASE ONLINE!

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Copying Games From Chessbase Online
02/02/04 at 21:03:50
Post Tools
Hello all  Grin

Can anyone explain to me how to copy games from Chessbase Online to a text editor like Word Pad or Note Pad. It was explained to me in the following way, however this did not work.

"To view games as PGN, right click next to the games you want in the search results.   For each game you right click, an asterisk will appear to the left of the game listing.  When you are done selecting the games, click on the button reading "View * as PGN".  The games will appear as text in the window, so that you can copy it to a text editor. "

Has anyone else had problems with this, or is it just me that is somehow missing something obvious.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Top  Grin

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo