Latest Updates:
Normal Topic An attacking repertoire for white (Read 2090 times)
Glenn Snow
God Member

Re: An attacking repertoire for white
Reply #3 - 11/07/04 at 09:11:52
Post Tools
The new book with that title by Sam Collins (which is the book you're talking about I'm assuming) is also reviewed by John Donaldson at http://www.jeremysilman.com/book_reviews_jd/jd_three_new_books_batsford.html.&nb...; He highly recommends the book.

IP Logged

krugman

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #2 - 11/07/04 at 05:35:46
Post Tools
Thx panda!

As to your question, I think he does recommend this move order! Still, looking at recommendations by Rogozenko in his anti sicilian book, I didn't find white's position that enjoyable: in most lines, white is a pawn down with some compensation...

IP Logged

Panda

Reply #1 - 11/07/04 at 05:10:49
Post Tools
It's reviewed at: http://www.chesscafe.com/hansen/hansen.htm

2.c3 and the french advance go well together as they easily transpose.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen it yet but I hope he chooses a move order with the delayed d4, as advocated by Rozentalis & Harley (i.e 2...Nf6 3.e5 Nd5 4.Nf3 Nc6 5.Bc4 and so on) when play can be quite interesting and tactical. So 2.c3 doesn't have to be boring and drawish!

IP Logged

krugman

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

An attacking repertoire for white
11/07/04 at 04:20:20
Post Tools
Hi!

I would like to know what people think about this book. Because the fact that he recommends both the scotch and the c3 sicilian (and the title is "an attacking...") frightens me a bit. I know that the French part is supposed to be good, but what about those part alluded above???

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo