Latest Updates:
Poll
Poll closed Question: Would you ever play the Sniper?
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

Yes - In Blitz    
  0 (0.0%)
Yes - In Standard Play    
  3 (27.3%)
Yes - In 'e' mail Chess    
  0 (0.0%)
No - Its not for me    
  0 (0.0%)
It's Brilliant for Juniors    
  1 (9.1%)
I Like the name    
  0 (0.0%)
I don't like the name.    
  0 (0.0%)
Charlie Storey is a genuis.    
  0 (0.0%)
Charlie Storey is not a genius.    
  2 (18.2%)
Charlie helped make this a great read.    
  0 (0.0%)
I wish I had invented the Sniper    
  0 (0.0%)
Charlie should be applauded    
  0 (0.0%)
Charlie should be shot by a Sniper    
  4 (36.4%)
I am a Cyber Coward and a bully.    
  0 (0.0%)
I stand up for the weak and against injustice.    
  1 (9.1%)

Total votes: 11
« Last Modified by: TheSniperAuthor on: 04/02/11 at 02:08:10 »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Book on the Sniper announced (Read 292282 times)
TheSniperAuthor

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Book on the Sniper announced
Reply #71 - 03/17/11 at 20:13:06
Post Tools
The ...Qb6 Sniper Kupreichik analysis itself completely turns theory on its head - Its worth the price of the book alone, further, that is how Chess should be played!

The Sniper Monthly Update

see     http://www.CharlieCHESS.com
IP Logged

PatzerNoster

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #70 - 03/17/11 at 18:42:09
Post Tools
Great, I am really looking forward to many opponents trying your Qb6-dragon line thinking black is better while you ignore the most important replies...

How surprising there hasn't been any talk about chess in the thread since the "author" arrived.

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #69 - 03/17/11 at 17:01:21
Post Tools
TheSniperAuthor wrote on 03/17/11 at 16:23:24:
Let me know your thoughts or if you have any questions I will answer them -

Sensible questions only - Thanks.

If you are really FM Storey ánd you are such a genius - why aren't you World Champion?

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

TheSniperAuthor

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #68 - 03/17/11 at 16:23:24
Post Tools
The Latest National Sniper review is in 'The Spectator' Magazine. as of Today 17th March - Let me know your thoughts or if you have any questions I will answer them -

Sensible questions only - Thanks.

Available in all U.K. Newsagents.

Let's hope its an excellent one! Cheesy

IP Logged

tafl

Reply #67 - 03/17/11 at 15:52:56
Post Tools
Priceless.

And some complain about CAPS ON...

A computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing - Emo Philips

IP Logged

TheSniperAuthor

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #66 - 03/17/11 at 11:54:48
Post Tools
The Sniper is sold out everywhere- The initial large print run has gone and I am awaiting Copies from the main book distributor (They have completely Sold Out!) - EverymanChess are currently looking in to this

If you would like a signed copy with a message from me on the title page - anything you like - Please go to my e-bay account to order - The current bid is just £3 - so you can grab a bargain;

I will post as soon as my Author rate copies arrive - I have ordered them.

Product Description   

The Signed Sniper Book from the Author himself;

F.M. Charlie Storey

- with your own  message added.
For Example;
To Pep Guardiola and your son Lionel, enjoy your adventure into becoming a ' Chess Sniper' 
                     Best Wishes F.M. Charlie Storey

Product Description

The Sniper is a dynamic and universal opening weapon for Black which can be used against all mainline openings. Black's system of development with ...g6 and ...Bg7 initially allows White to occupy the centre but, in true hypermodern style, Black strikes back immediately with ...c5. The Sniper can lead to original or barely-known positions in which Black can strive for the initiative. It's also rich in move-order possibilities, with potential transpositions into Sicilian, King's Indian or Benko-type positions. FIDE Master Charlie Storey has spent years refining his favourite opening, successfully testing it out against players of all levels. In this book he reveals all his secrets, recommends his favourite lines for Black and provides you with everything you need to know about this fascinating opening. It includes a repertoire for Black against 1 e4 and 1 d4. It is packed full of creative and original ideas. It explains typical plans and tactics for both sides.

About the Author

Charlie Storey is a FIDE Master and the winner of many tournaments in the UK. He has been teaching chess for over 15 years and is the author of The National Chess Syllabus. In 2009 he coached the England junior team at the Under-16 Olympiad.

The Sniper book also offers a SNIPER MONTHLY UPDATE service for just £1.70 per month (£20 per year) see (I will not publish this out of respect to ChessPublishing.com) which is packed full of all things Sniper that ensures all trainees are kept up to-date with the latest Grandmaster games on The Sniper, Sniper Mind Maps, Videos, Forums, Free Email Sniper games and much much more.

Charlie also develops Junior Chess throughout North East England - see www.CharlieChess.com for details of his Junior Chess development programmes.

The Sniper - A Modern Warfare Miracle.

« Last Edit: 03/18/11 at 02:01:54 by GMTonyKosten »  

IP Logged

g3g6
YaBB Newbies

Reply #65 - 03/17/11 at 11:51:43
Post Tools
Its interesting that someone (Charlie?) manipulated with poll and renamed some items. Very good job!

IP Logged

TheSniperAuthor

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #64 - 03/17/11 at 11:39:41
Post Tools
I am not sure where it has been said that I don't have an Sniper Monthly Update Site - I do and it already has about 50 articles and Updates whilst it was in Beta version. It is now a fully functioning Pro Update site - I would however be happy to transfer to ChessPublishing if they were to approach me as my next book The White Sniper could be covered on it to. The White Sniper is extremely difficult to get any advantage at all from and the secret to playing The White Sniper, is being excellent with The Black Sniper - The Sniper book is now such a fundamental read that you will be vulnerable without it - weather you love it or hate it - you have to read it. I new this would happen (genius bi - product!) and that is why I set-up The Sniper Monthly Update, which has Mind Maps, Video, Articles, Latest Sniper analysis, Club Players Corner, Forums and much much more. It's not as good as Chess Publishing but it has just started up and will be better with each MONTHLY UPDATE and is dedicated 100% to The Sniper.

Today The Sniper receives an official review in 'The Spectator' A Nationally distributed U.K. quality magazine. The article is by GM Ray Keene and is a professional and considered view of The Sniper.

I suggest you go to your newsagents over the next 3 days and either purchase a copy or leaf through it quickly direct to the chess section. This will enable a good balanced view of The Sniper - rather than the 'sinister' methods that have been used in this thread!

Get a life, get your hand in you pocket for the £12 quid and add the phenomenon that is The Sniper to your library.

The Sniper - Ultimate Fighting Soldier - Ultimate Fighting repertoire - With Black or White. Smiley

IP Logged

Arcticmonkey

Russell Peters ftw

Reply #63 - 03/17/11 at 10:35:45
Post Tools
They did! Actually the most popular choice was supposed to be 'Yes - they are balanced' For some reason they have changed.

IP Logged

tafl

Reply #62 - 03/17/11 at 07:57:15
Post Tools
Did the choices in the poll change after the voting started?

I certainly didn't intend to vote for "The Sniper is a great contribution to theory." (which now is/are TWO of the available choices)

A computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing - Emo Philips

IP Logged

JN

Reply #61 - 03/17/11 at 07:23:48
Post Tools
Quote:
I am Charlie Storey - a hard working Chess Pro, Christian and genius!

OK... I have another problem with the book. The acknowledgement to Jesus is really bizarre! Come on Charlie. We are living in the year 2011. You live in an open society. http://outcampaign.org/

IP Logged

Arcticmonkey

Russell Peters ftw

Reply #60 - 03/17/11 at 05:12:10
Post Tools
Ok, i've been reading this posts and thats enough about people hating on this.
The first thing i'm going to say, is that obviously the author is a overzealous about his system. But to be perfectly honest, i think the majority of chess authors are slightly biased, especially in their evaluations.
The ONLY problem's you should really have about this book is with the analysis, which is fair enough. If there are legitimate points to be raised for academic discusssion, then by all means do so. There really is no points hating on the book or the author because you're some blogger who things he's all that with the best version of Rybka around.
Or, another good comment perspective is actually employing the lines in the repertoire, and if it didn't work out for you, show why. Someone mentioned that the author didn't use analysis in his argument, perhaps this is a fair point but truth be told, if he spent all his time answering blogs, then i doubt we'd have a book.
But since Chesspub (at least to me) seems the biggest forum in the chess community, then i hope that Storey will make a special consideration here.
>>>TO THE AUTHOR: i swear i read in the everyman forum that u said u weren't doing ur update site, but here u say u are doing it. which is right!? maybe im hallucinating...

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #59 - 03/17/11 at 00:20:51
Post Tools
But possibly SniperAuthor is out to get FM Storey. Reread that one for the last alinea, with all those "not becauses". That sounds to me like the little brother of Sloughter (compare his "explanations" why Einstein was dead wrong).
An FM who calls himself a genius? It's possible of course, but an FM is even more supposed to know his/her limitations compared to super-GM's than us patzers, isn't he/she?
So I share Bibs' doubts.
Also note that SniperAuthor has not offered us even a single move. Nah, my bet is that SA is just another troll.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Reply #58 - 03/16/11 at 21:37:24
Post Tools
@TheSniperAuthor:

Nobody here is out to get you. There have been negative comments but also positive and neutral ones. The negative ones are typical of what you see here when some lines that person thinks are important are not covered, or covered in less depth than they hoped. Maybe this happened because you rarely faced those lines yourself, because amateurs (always the biggest customer group) are unlikely to face them, or because the brief analysis you did provide was just the right amount. All those reasons could be legitimate.

The ChessPub members are critical and demanding, but that is a challenge to all authors, not a threat.

The Sniper lines that have been mentioned in this thread are what some very bibliophile chess players out there would like to see more coverage of. You could think of them as a gold mine of suggestions for your future Sniper updates!  Wink

I haven't bought the book yet but I probably will, especially if Everyman releases it as an e-book. I have a friend who throws these lines at me all the time (he learnt it from Bangiev's disk)! I also wouldn't mind expanding my horizons with Black. The Dragon with a delayed 0-0 is something I could use from a standard Sicilian move order too.

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

TheSniperAuthor

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #57 - 03/16/11 at 20:41:58
Post Tools
It's been fun and psychologically illuminating for me watching these posts - you guys are a bunch of joking wind - up merchants.

There is no way the beauty of The Sniper can be denied and if you have not read the book then you are gonna get hammered when a Fully trained Sniper transfers his wisdom to 1.g3 with White, When you get hammered with this time and again remember my name and see me in your dreams - Charlie Storey; I created the Sniper for a universal System - not just for Black against all moves - but easily adaptable to play as White with an extra Tempo - another one of the virtues that the 'lower lever critiquers' intentionally left out in their ridiculous, pedantic nit picking uninformed, jump on the band wagon, sheepish and primitive critique.

That said - Thanks for buying the book ( even the wanna be 'critiquers' who don't understand balance)  and I'l happily sign it if I bump into you at a tournament!

The Sniper is book of the decade - they are sold out at the main distributors not because I spent 14 Months and 4 years, researching / creating it, not because I have resurrected theTerra Dactyl, Not because I scored 4/4 with Black in the last ECF Championship, not because it has a superior but similar Kings Indian Defence  & Benko alternative, not because the reviews from Pros are all excellent, not beacuse everything is checked with Rybka, Not because I invented Dilution Principles, not because, I have won over 70 Opens and a National Championship using it, not because its easy for under 2200's to remember and play, not because GM Magnus Carlsens Dragon is covered, not because it outplayed Tiviakov, not beacuse my England Player defeated the top Grandmaster sees at the U16 Olympiad with the Dragon ideas proposed, not because I present new ideas how to play the Sicilian Dragon, not because the ambitiousness of such an opening has hit its target, not because I have a Sniper Monthly Update site but simply because I am Charlie Storey - a hard working Chess Pro, Christian and genius!

The Sniper is a phenomenal System and watch the top players adopting it over the next 18 Months - then come back and say Charlie - I concur - You are a genius! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo