Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Transposing to Modern Benoni vs Fianchetto KID. (Read 7993 times)
OrangeCounty

You played that like it
was a good move!

Re: Transposing to Modern Benoni vs Fianchetto KID.
Reply #6 - 05/14/11 at 17:39:43
Post Tools
Both the Benoni and Grunfeld transpositions are relatively healthy, I think.  It depends on what you're aiming for: the Benoni transposition is more positionally risky, but perhaps also has more advantages that can pan out for Black.

IP Logged

BPaulsen
God Member

I Love Light Squares!

Reply #5 - 03/17/11 at 21:52:26
Post Tools
raja wrote on 03/12/11 at 23:54:54:
Even  the statistics confirm my point  Smiley white at best gets a score of 50% in the main lines which means equality Smiley

Good job abusing statistics.

2288 USCF, 2186 FIDE.

FIDE based on just 27 games.
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

MartinC
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 03/13/11 at 09:38:14
Post Tools
Er, no it doesn't. Its an indication of some sort of health (perhaps) but not a lot more.

No opinion as to the lines health or not myself, but if those two say non trivial then I'd very much believe them.

IP Logged

raja

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 03/12/11 at 23:54:54
Post Tools
Even  the statistics confirm my point  Smiley white at best gets a score of 50% in the main lines which means equality Smiley

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #2 - 03/12/11 at 21:39:23
Post Tools
Kasparov in his books against Karpov he doesn't have the opinion that in the summetrical fuanchetto Grunfeld Black equalizes easily. Also Shirov in his Grunfeld DVD shares the same opinion.

IP Logged

raja

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 03/12/11 at 21:14:20
Post Tools
I think the best way to play against the Fianchetto kid system is to convert into a Grunfeld!!.
I studied Fiachetto system from white's point of view from Avrukh's book but then i had to stop playing this system and i moved onto Mainlines of KID only because of the fear of black transposing into Grunfeld!
Avrukh himself admits that  there is no way for an advantage in the fianchetto Grunfeld Mainline and so he recommened a subline with b3 which easily equalises in my experience! because of the symetrical nature of the positions.

IP Logged

gramsci

I Love ChessPublishing!

Transposing to Modern Benoni vs Fianchetto KID.
03/12/11 at 08:28:43
Post Tools
After a deep research I've come to the conclusion the way I want to play the Fianchetto KID is trying to transpose to a Modern Benoni (more dynamic play and better figures than the Panno or any variation of the Classical Nbd7) following Dembo's / DW reccomendation with a quick c5. As I think that the fianchetto-KID should be studied together with the English-KID,  if white plays 1.Nf3 & d3 what kind of Symmetrical English (I used to follow Dembo or Bologan's recommedations vs. King's Indian English but they don't fit with c5) do you recommend me (and what books to consult)? One with a quick d5 in Grünfeld style, may be? Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: 03/12/11 at 22:17:50 by gramsci »  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo