Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Gajewski 2.0 (Read 25694 times)
PANFR

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Gajewski 2.0
Reply #10 - 07/11/12 at 16:09:05
Post Tools
I believe that white played well, but spoiled most of his advantage by his 19.c4 move. Factly, it's rather Black's Nc6 which is questionable.
Notice also that after brief thinking, Critter prefers 12...Bf5 as a better try (the move already mentioned at your site).
I also feel that 14...Bd6!? is probably a better way to prevent white's Bf4. Black seems having about enough for his pawn after 15.Be3 c5 16.Nbd2 f5 (hardly forced line, of course).

IP Logged

brabo
God Member

Welcome chessfriend

Reply #9 - 07/10/12 at 14:35:05
Post Tools
PANFR wrote on 07/10/12 at 14:09:23:
IMO if white can prove any advantage, it has to be sought in the Kotronias game.
Knowing Vassya for many years, I believe he played the line after some work, and not due to an OTB inspiration. The guy with Black (GM Stelios Halkias) has been a student of Kotronias in the past, and he is working on his openings a hell of a lot.
My analysis with Critter 1.6 is rather lighweight, I may contribute something when I find enough time to deal seriously with this very interesting sideline. I have to say that I find it both very interesting and promising- I mean it's not objectively much worse than a Mashall proper, and ATM the theory one has to memorize is nothing, compared to the Marshall.

In fact my analysis also state that the line chosen by Kotronias is probably whites best try for an advantage.
However contrary to you, i have my doubts that Kotronias already made analysis about the Gajewski 2.0. Don't forget the chosen line is also existing in the Gajewski 1.0 and very likely Kotronias is also aware about the fact that without h3 we arrive after d4 to a sidevariation of the Marshallgambit which is considered fine for black (nevertheless not everything is 100% easy). So I wouldn't be surprised that Kotronias made the logical conclusions on the board, especially as his later play isn't convincing at all.

IP Logged

PANFR

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #8 - 07/10/12 at 14:09:23
Post Tools
IMO if white can prove any advantage, it has to be sought in the Kotronias game.
Knowing Vassya for many years, I believe he played the line after some work, and not due to an OTB inspiration. The guy with Black (GM Stelios Halkias) has been a student of Kotronias in the past, and he is working on his openings a hell of a lot.
My analysis with Critter 1.6 is rather lighweight, I may contribute something when I find enough time to deal seriously with this very interesting sideline. I have to say that I find it both very interesting and promising- I mean it's not objectively much worse than a Mashall proper, and ATM the theory one has to memorize is nothing, compared to the Marshall.

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #7 - 07/10/12 at 11:16:10
Post Tools
I'll do it, brabo. Thanks!
...And at the first sight this 12...Re8!? seems very interesting..  Cheesy

IP Logged

brabo
God Member

Welcome chessfriend

Reply #6 - 07/10/12 at 09:34:40
Post Tools
Hi Vass,
Can you check my analysis on my blog?
1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 4.Ba4 Nf6 5.0-0 Be7 6.Re1 b5 7.Bb3 0-0 8.c3 Na5 9.Nxe5 Nxb3 10.Qxb3 Bb7 11.d3 d5 12.exd5 Re8 is today my mainline which you don't discuss.

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #5 - 07/10/12 at 07:44:13
Post Tools
Obviously, white has to look for advantage with 9.Ne5 and 10.Qxb3  Wink
Some corner-stones:

IP Logged

MartinC
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 07/09/12 at 21:18:43
Post Tools
Fun. Have to say that I find the idea that black can plausibly get away with this sort of thing somewhat annoying Wink

I mean it was bad enough when it was just the Marshall.....

Isn't the Nxe5 Nxb3 stuff rather like one of those lines they get after a slightly delayed d5 sac vs the h3/d3 anti Marshall?

IP Logged

PANFR

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 07/09/12 at 15:08:03
Post Tools
Ametanoitos was a contributor to that event, so he probably knows some details.

IP Logged

brabo
God Member

Welcome chessfriend

Reply #2 - 07/09/12 at 14:39:03
Post Tools
Thanks for the reference, PANFR. I hadn't downloaded yet the latest played games.

Nice to see that Kotronias is following completely my mainline till where i stop with 14.Re1. As mentioned in my notes, white seems somehow to miss the h3 move as later in the game on move 29.h4 he anyway needs to make 'luft' (nice german word for air). I am pretty sure more tests will follow very soon in this brandnew system.

I am curious to know if Kotronias was aware about Gajewskis earlier played game or he just made all decisions on the board. Maybe Ametanoitos can find out more?

IP Logged

PANFR

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 07/09/12 at 14:07:05
Post Tools
You may want to add this game as well:

IP Logged

brabo
God Member

Welcome chessfriend

Gajewski 2.0
07/08/12 at 22:24:08
Post Tools
I didn't see anything mentioned on chesspub about the following very interesting game played in the last round of ENCI, see

It looks like a Gajewski, it smells like a Gajewski and black is Gajewski but still it is not a Gajewski.

I've been analyzing this new stunning innovation in detail for the last few weeks and published the summary of my analysis on my blog (because of the painful history on chesspub with copyright earlier). See http://schaken-brabo.blogspot.be/2012/07/gajewski-20.html

Of course anybody can use the published analysis but please don't just copy without making appropriate references.

My conclusion today is that the 2.0 improves considerably on the 1.0 version but is a bit less impacting on the Spanish theory as it doesn't avoid the anti-Marshallsystems which are interesting too.

This should be interesting enough for the forummembers here to start the discussion and at the same time trigger GM Victor Mikhalevski for an update.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo