Latest Updates:
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New Grandmaster Repertoire (Read 16925 times)
KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Re: New Grandmaster Repertoire
Reply #14 - 08/17/16 at 18:58:58
Post Tools
Really great book! I had a lot of success with it in my iccf games!

IP Logged

TD
God Member

Feyenoord forever!

Reply #13 - 02/14/16 at 19:18:50
Post Tools
TD wrote on 02/14/16 at 19:10:20:
What does Schandorff recommend against the Exchange Variation? Or does that start with 5.cxd5?

I think I just answered my own question...

IP Logged

TD
God Member

Feyenoord forever!

Reply #12 - 02/14/16 at 19:10:20
Post Tools
What does Schandorff recommend against the Exchange Variation? Or does that start with 5.cxd5?

IP Logged

Gut Gambit
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #11 - 09/21/15 at 11:45:01
Post Tools
Because I read the exerpt, and there Lars says the following:

5.Bg5: The most aggressive move, which is covered in great detail in the first part of the book. Already
Black has an important choice: he can go for the uncompromising Botvinnik Variation with
5...dxc4!? – an often unpopular line that I am proud to say we fully rehabilitate in this piece of
work –

I also indicated the use of this variation in practical play, and not the best correspondance play.

GG

IP Logged

ArKheiN
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #10 - 09/21/15 at 05:27:33
Post Tools
Why do you speak about a solution for Black in the Botvinnik? I think it's an invincible opening for Black at best correspondance play. Not so sure about the Anti Moscow which is still an hot debate at that level.

IP Logged

Gut Gambit
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #9 - 09/20/15 at 20:41:10
Post Tools
Seth_Xoma wrote on 08/29/15 at 23:10:04:
I believe Schandorff starts his work after 1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nf3 Nf6 4.Nc3 e6 and so Avrukh's move order (4.e3) is not covered in the book.

This is true.

PDF-exerpt here in this link from Qualitychess:

http://www.qualitychess.co.uk/products/1/250/grandmaster_repertoire_20_-_the_sem...

Wonder why noone gave it before...

Anyhow. I ordered  it and especially looking foreward to see what solution(s) Lars gives in the Botvinnik variation. Also I`m curious to see if this solution(s) will last. Probably not I guess, but hey.. Its the Botvinnik! A headache for both sides in pratcical play I suppose.   

But he also covers the option of entering the Moskow variation so lets wait and see...

All the best

GG

IP Logged

Seth_Xoma
God Member

FM with 2 IM Norms - (2381)

Reply #8 - 08/29/15 at 23:10:04
Post Tools
I believe Schandorff starts his work after 1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nf3 Nf6 4.Nc3 e6 and so Avrukh's move order (4.e3) is not covered in the book.

IP Logged

Igor

Schild und Schwert der
Partei!

Reply #7 - 08/27/15 at 14:03:04
Post Tools
Hi guys, the move order below is covered?
I mean Nbd2 / Bd3 stuff without Nc3, to avoid Meran

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #6 - 07/24/15 at 08:24:31
Post Tools
The GM Repertoire book by Schandorff is out now. For those who have it already, what are your thoughts?

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #5 - 09/16/14 at 11:18:47
Post Tools
Kornev covered the Meran in his 'Practical White Repertoire' series, though I'd recommend you supplement that with a study of some historical games and recent top level games. The Meran positions are perhaps some of the most rich in chess, but fortunately most players are lazy and don't study them properly (or memorise the key lines after studying them).

Schandorff also wrote 'Playing the Queen's Gambit' but in that book he recommended 5.Bg5 instead of entering the Meran. The nice thing about playing the Meran though is that you can use the 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.e3 Anti-Meran move order to avoid the Main Line Slav (though you allow 4...Bf5).

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

huibui

Reply #4 - 09/15/14 at 23:34:03
Post Tools
Thanks, while I knew the Pedersen book I wasn't aware that the Sakaev books aren't written for one colour only. Will certainly try to get a look!

Really, what I had in mind was a book that sincerely tries to prove an advantage for White, GM repertoire style. Avrukh as well as Ippolito/Hilton, Kaufmann and Watson kind of dodged the bullet in their recent repertoires. Avrukh of course managed to make a pretty strong point for the slow slav, but right now both 4...Bg4 and 4...Bf5 look good. Maybe he will recommend something else in the second edition?

You tell the young people of today that...

IP Logged

Vass
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 09/15/14 at 15:55:48
Post Tools

IP Logged

barnaby

The night is dark and
full of terrors.

Reply #2 - 09/15/14 at 14:26:17
Post Tools
huibui wrote on 09/15/14 at 12:52:51:
Karpoved wrote on 09/15/14 at 08:58:33:
I can only name two at the moment, Semi-Slav by Matthew Sadler and Play the Semi-Slav by David Vigorito. Looking forward to it  Cheesy

Dreev wrote two books on the opening as well. As he is one of its main exponents, I would have thought that they must be pretty good... Though they may be dated by now, at least in some lines. I wish someone would write a book on the White side of the Meran, but I guess that's not going to happen  Sad

http://www.amazon.com/Meran-System-Steffen-Pedersen/dp/1901983285

IP Logged

huibui

Reply #1 - 09/15/14 at 12:52:51
Post Tools
Karpoved wrote on 09/15/14 at 08:58:33:
I can only name two at the moment, Semi-Slav by Matthew Sadler and Play the Semi-Slav by David Vigorito. Looking forward to it  Cheesy

Dreev wrote two books on the opening as well. As he is one of its main exponents, I would have thought that they must be pretty good... Though they may be dated by now, at least in some lines. I wish someone would write a book on the White side of the Meran, but I guess that's not going to happen  Sad

You tell the young people of today that...

IP Logged

Karpoved
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

New Grandmaster Repertoire
09/15/14 at 08:58:33
Post Tools
The 20th Grandmaster Repertoire will be released this winter, and its on the Semi-Slav! Written by GM Lars Schandorff, this is great news as good semi-slav books are in scarce quantity. I can only name two at the moment, Semi-Slav by Matthew Sadler and Play the Semi-Slav by David Vigorito. Looking forward to it  Cheesy

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo