Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Taking notes (Read 1035 times)
Uhohspaghettio
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Taking notes
Reply #2 - 03/29/15 at 22:38:56
Post Tools
I'd personalize it and talk about your genuine interpretations and feelings about moves/positions. Not just paraphrase from a book (or even your own analysis) "bishop is good here because...", but your subjective thoughts on the position. That'll make it a lot easier to go back over. I spent quite a bit of time taking notes recently and found I don't want to go over them again at all and I think it's because it's stuff in the books and probably laid out better there.

"I don't recall saying good luck."

IP Logged

barnaby

The night is dark and
full of terrors.

Re: Taking notes
Reply #1 - 03/29/15 at 18:49:40
Post Tools
I've always labored under the premise that writing things helps record the information in yet another part of a large and complex neural network and leads to a greater chance of equifinality when it comes time to recall and apply learned information.

IP Logged

msiipola

I Love ChessPublishing!

Taking notes
03/29/15 at 07:18:24
Post Tools
Sometimes I have started to make notes of my chess studies. But have never continued to this. After some time I loose my interest and stop doing this. Because if you make notes, you also have to read them. But I feel it's boring, and I rather read new material.

After reading http://chessimprover.com/how-to-read-a-chess-book/, I again start to think about writing notes.
Is it worthwhile spending time on writing notes (and reading them)?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo