Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Marin's Alekhine in CBM (Read 654 times)
lg
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Re: Marin's Alekhine in CBM
Reply #2 - 07/28/16 at 20:15:26
Post Tools
Thanks
In fact, I am now sure I was right about such addendum"

In the thread "Any bets on Reinderman's use of Alekhine's Defence" I have seen the following post by Paddy ( "Phil Adams ?)

"The game has already been analysed by Dennis Monokroussos at his always topical website:

http://www.thechessmind.net/storage/chess-posts/eicc2010_rd3.htm

and by Marin (!) at

http://www.chessbase.de/cbm/cbm134/cbm134-09/nisipeanu_reindermann.htm "

Unfortunately, the second link does not work and this is not in CBM 134 since I have this issue !!
If anyone has this file ...

I was asking about this file only for completeness on my files since I am not comfortable (far from it) with using 8...0-0 and even the recent 11...c5 may not work.
What about the ugly 11...h5? After all it is what everybody plays after 11...c5 12 c4. So why not playing it without interpolating the c pawn moves?

Concerning 8...Qe7 I think it works although Tony Ro pointed out the irritating alternative move 10.dxe5 (but i think Black is ok if prepared). I was also aware of these two recent games by Bortnyk (Kovalev - Bortnyk (0-1) and Ostrovskiy-Bortnyk (1-0), right?). Both are interesting and in these two Black pushed forward his queen side pawns, should White allow this?. The game he lost is quite wild and far from the boring endgame some authors say about this position. Unfortunately, he lost, not because of the opening, and unfortunately many good games (at least from the opening theory point of view) got "forgotten" due to the result only.

What about trying to revive 14...Nc6? The main disadvantage is that Black is allowing White the choice between a few sensible moves.

IP Logged

Phil Adams

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Marin's Alekhine in CBM
Reply #1 - 07/26/16 at 22:36:06
Post Tools
I've not managed to find any further analysis/article on this line by Marin.

There was an article in NiC YB 95 by Van de Tak with a lot of analysis.

You're probably aware that Reindermann switched to the "ending line" 1. e4 Nf6 2. e5 Nd5 3. d4 d6 4. Nf3 g6 5. Bc4 Nb6 6. Bb3 Bg7 7. Ng5 e6 8. Qf3 Qe7 9. Ne4 dxe5 10. Bg5 Qb4+ 11. c3 Qa5 12. Bf6 Bxf6 13. Qxf6 O-O 14. Qxe5 Qxe5 15. dxe5 in a later game vs. van der Wiel (2012). Nisipeanu thought that Black should be slightly worse in this line and the practical results support that view (over 60% score for White from 50+ games) although I notice that Olexandr Bortnyk has played it twice within the last year and achieved what looks like a reasonable fighting position to me, scoring 1 loss and 1 win, but he was happy to repeat the line he lost with (and the engines back him up).
However, more recenbtly Bortnyk has played 7...d5, so I;m not sure we can safely draw any conclusions. But 7...d5 has always seemed a bit too cooperative to me, allowing White to consolidate his space advantage without a struggle.

For me, 4 Nf3 remains a headache, theoretically anyway.

IP Logged

lg
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Marin's Alekhine in CBM
07/23/16 at 19:36:25
Post Tools
A few years ago Marin made 5 opening tutorials in CBMs, 132 to 136, about the Alekhine defence, mostly on the variant with 4...g6.
However, the game Nisipeanu-Reinderman in the Alburt line with 8...0-0 was played a few weeks (days ?) later, in a line that  Marin vaguely analised and concluded "White has an attack".
Apparently Nisipeanu analised much more and won (although he did not play the best move in one place).
I recall that Marin, made an "addendum" to its tutorials about this variation and i think it was in one of the next CBMs but I cannot find it.
Anyone can help? thank you

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo