Latest Updates:
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New YOUTUBE channel by chess coach (Read 9609 times)
rosshickers
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: New YOUTUBE channel by chess coach
Reply #34 - 01/31/18 at 14:48:18
Post Tools
That is my dream to have my own chess channel where I can share my experience  Huh

Do professional course works and became champion

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #33 - 10/31/17 at 13:57:24
Post Tools
I am glad to present short animated documentary video of Paul Morphy. If you liked it, please subscribe to my channel!

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #32 - 09/14/17 at 10:23:02
Post Tools
GM Hhikaru Nakamura VS GM Igor Kovalenko! BLITZ MATCH!

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #31 - 08/12/17 at 16:20:18
Post Tools
His Majesty Nimzowitsch Productions presents: How to win!

IP Logged

ErictheRed
God Member

USCF National Master

Reply #30 - 08/09/17 at 22:45:59
Post Tools
It's a bit much to call it a trap, but he's right that White needs to be aware of it.

IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer

I used to be not bad.

Reply #29 - 08/09/17 at 22:30:15
Post Tools
6.Qb3/Qe2 can be met by 6...Be6 for the same reason. But even after a white 6th move that "halfway" falls for the trap, black might be no closer to equality than in a more usual QGA. Perhaps further away.

IP Logged

ErictheRed
God Member

USCF National Master

Reply #28 - 08/09/17 at 18:16:42
Post Tools
I think he means that 6.Bb3 can be met by 6...Bg4 because the c1-bishop is hanging.

IP Logged

BobbyDigital80

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #27 - 08/09/17 at 06:11:33
Post Tools
an ordinary chessplayer wrote on 07/30/17 at 15:23:10:
I did not click on it, but due to the miracle of autoplay ended up watching "Basics of QGA" anyway. A few thoughts.

1. The cover diagram with the black queen on a6 is like a butcher shop advertising with a picture of a dead squirrel in the road. It's the reason I did not want to click. I was thinking "If that's supposed to be a QGA, this guy does not know anything about chess."

2. It should be worth mentioning that the 5...c6xb5 6.Qd1-f3 trap has been known since the time of Greco.

3. There is a trappy line 3...c5 4.Bxc4 cxd4 5.exd4 Qc7 (idea ...Qxc1+!) that students might want to know about. It may look like nonsense but even Baburin has played 5...Qc7, at least once that I know of. I would consider this the second basic variation that the 3.e2-e3 student should look at, after the Greco trap.

4. The IQP structures with 3...e7-e5 and 3...c7-c5 need a little more coverage. Otherwise students are likely to play moves like Bc1-e3 and h2-h3, winding up in a negative position.

What exactly is this ...Qxc1 trap you mentioned?

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #26 - 08/05/17 at 19:41:23
Post Tools
Historical bit:  the opening of Carlsen-Karjakin (with the knight on f6, whereas one might think it belongs on e7) reminded me of Geller-Spassky, once analyzed in a classic book by Timman ...but in that case Black lost a tempo with his e-pawn.

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #25 - 08/05/17 at 18:57:26
Post Tools
Carlsen - Karjakin 2017 Sinquefield Cup! Positional Masterpiece! If you enjoyed my analysis, subscribe to support me! Thank you

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #24 - 08/04/17 at 19:19:46
Post Tools
Aronian - Nepomniaschi 2017 Sinquefield Cup! Armenian Superstar shows no mercy!

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #23 - 07/30/17 at 16:05:56
Post Tools
Thank you for response  Wink @ an ordinary chessplayer . I really did not pay attention to the position in the thumbnail, now that you mention it, that's not the best thumbnail. I wanted to make it as short as possible and very basic, so that >1800 players could get the main ideas. I remember at first I did lots of advanced videos for players of rating strength 1800+, but the public demands more of a basic videos  Grin. I dodge to make advanced opening videos, because the videos will be so long if I really want to include all the variations and explanations, otherwise if the videos are short, I would only fool my dear viewers. I will keep your comments in my mind when I make similar videos!  Smiley
« Last Edit: 07/31/17 at 10:06:26 by KestonyChess »  
IP Logged

an ordinary chessplayer

I used to be not bad.

Reply #22 - 07/30/17 at 15:23:10
Post Tools
I did not click on it, but due to the miracle of autoplay ended up watching "Basics of QGA" anyway. A few thoughts.

1. The cover diagram with the black queen on a6 is like a butcher shop advertising with a picture of a dead squirrel in the road. It's the reason I did not want to click. I was thinking "If that's supposed to be a QGA, this guy does not know anything about chess."

2. It should be worth mentioning that the 5...c6xb5 6.Qd1-f3 trap has been known since the time of Greco.

3. There is a trappy line 3...c5 4.Bxc4 cxd4 5.exd4 Qc7 (idea ...Qxc1+!) that students might want to know about. It may look like nonsense but even Baburin has played 5...Qc7, at least once that I know of. I would consider this the second basic variation that the 3.e2-e3 student should look at, after the Greco trap.

4. The IQP structures with 3...e7-e5 and 3...c7-c5 need a little more coverage. Otherwise students are likely to play moves like Bc1-e3 and h2-h3, winding up in a negative position.

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #21 - 07/30/17 at 12:10:25
Post Tools
Feel free to learn this opening in less than 10 minutes! If you enjoyed and want to thank me, click the subscribe button. You can also post questions/comments in this wonderful chesspub forum.

« Last Edit: 07/31/17 at 10:07:52 by KestonyChess »  
IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #20 - 06/10/17 at 14:39:15
Post Tools
Funny story of MIKHAIL TAL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICD9n6Jkh-0

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #19 - 11/02/16 at 17:54:16
Post Tools
Analysis of grandmaster game in French defense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFYxr1jmeLs

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #18 - 10/26/16 at 13:52:25
Post Tools
My opinion on top 5 greatest chess players of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BDQljWuKag

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #17 - 09/28/16 at 15:44:55
Post Tools
Analysis of the game from Tal Memorial 2016 Round 1 Nepomniachtchi vs Tomashevsky 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDm57EroLA&feature=youtu.be

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #16 - 09/23/16 at 20:10:04
Post Tools
New video on imbalances in chess (analyse of game between married grandmasters Smiley )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFHaOAL-EuI

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #15 - 09/21/16 at 15:55:42
Post Tools
Part 2 of the pawn breaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qha8BXqFk-Q

Have a good watch! If you want to say thanks, please subscribe Smiley

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #14 - 09/18/16 at 19:26:50
Post Tools
New video on importance of the pawn breaks in chess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1MOM9TAj4

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #13 - 09/07/16 at 20:19:14
Post Tools
Watch analysis of the most exciting game so far from chess olympiad 2016 in Baku! Stupak vs Bok!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrS0Z1l8eBY

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #12 - 09/03/16 at 15:55:20
Post Tools
Fresh analysis on chess game from olympiad 2016 baku, nakamura vs shaw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZt5FrMbWO8

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #11 - 08/31/16 at 20:32:34
Post Tools
New video, analysis of interesting game Smiley :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsfNokgEo0E

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #10 - 08/27/16 at 14:48:52
Post Tools
New video about Bishop vs Knight endgames  Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-nhpuouUkE

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #9 - 08/22/16 at 20:12:13
Post Tools
Dear kylemeister, thanks for responding. We all have different approaches about the openings. Grandmaster Morozevich said that d4 b6 is more than fine for black, while famous player Ulf Andersson said that after d4 f5 white is already a lot better! If the best players in the world do not agree with each other I take the courage to agree with one camp of them while disagreeing with the other. Now days when computers are helping it's known that draw is everywhere and white cannot get any advantage in Queen's gambit declined (as an expert in iccf chess I say this as a fact), if you want something more - try catalan. With the move cxd5, in my opinion, white has best practical chances of getting a good play and cause black problems for equalizing. Good luck!

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #8 - 08/22/16 at 19:47:53
Post Tools
About 45 seconds in, I was surprised to hear that after 7...b6, if White wants anything from the opening, he must take on d5.  That doesn't seem to have been the general view of recent times ...

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #7 - 08/22/16 at 19:12:51
Post Tools
I made new video about one of the greatest bobby fischer's games. Video includes ideas how to play with and against hanging pawn structure, one of the queens gambit declined variation preparation and game analysis. I hope you enjoy, have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsQWZ_Qn58o

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #6 - 08/20/16 at 03:51:44
Post Tools
The "main threat" I showed was after the best black's response where white is threatening Nxc6 . I do feel disappointed  that you didn't watch it longer than 3 minutes to make any objective opinion but I do thank you for pinpointing my mistake in that position.
« Last Edit: 08/20/16 at 15:12:24 by KestonyChess »  
IP Logged

ErictheRed
God Member

USCF National Master

Reply #5 - 08/19/16 at 19:31:53
Post Tools
But even if we give White the move after 10...Nf6 11.Re1, 12.Nxc6? doesn't accomplish anything, so I don't think I'd call it a threat.  I understand it's not the point of the video, but when mistakes like that crop up early on it doesn't make one want to watch further.

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #4 - 08/19/16 at 14:37:33
Post Tools
Thanks for responding ErichteRed. You are right about the position, I wanted to draw arrow to c6 instead of d7, because after black's only moves like ng4 or be6, Nxc6 is the threat. Your move Qa6 is one of the many options after passive moves like Rc8 or g6, but black has so many options to win the game that Qa6 is not the "main" threat because white can also play d4 or b3 which might be even stronger. In other words the position is hopeless and too passive for black, so you can find many options to punish black's position. But I surely made the mistake about Nxd7 instead of my original intention Nxc6. The position I showed in the video is practically lost for black and showing the deeper winning variations of hopeless position was not the purpose of the video.

I appreciate for pinpointing my mistake and I hope I can satisfy you on the next video. Good luck !

IP Logged

ErictheRed
God Member

USCF National Master

Reply #3 - 08/19/16 at 13:49:26
Post Tools
In this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEUJ53hA5VA

about 3.5 minutes into it, if Black plays 10...Nf6 11.Re1, White is NOT threatening 12.Nxd7 "winning the game."  That's an uncomfortable position for Black, sure, but the threat is 12.Qa6! and 12.Nxd7? would probably be a mistake, allowing Black to get out of his problems after 12...Kxd7. 

I agree that 11...Kd8 looks like the best move, but didn't watch anything else after that.

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

Reply #2 - 08/19/16 at 08:48:53
Post Tools
Alright I will give away few tricks that you probably haven't heard off, but before that, I have to say that all coaches teach differently and none of them are wrong or right. Some students need the coach to be a little softer than usual while others require a coach to be fierce. On the other hand what's wrong if your coach becomes one of your best friends, is that good or bad? There is no straightforward answer to that, because sometimes the student will lose the required attitude towards the coach and he will start acting and joking during the serious training session. In general good coach:
1)analyse your games and detect where you are wrong, this is the most important factor besides your own home work which is the most important part of becoming a master.
2)they give you some homework depending on your available time and checks them
3)he thinks about your overall progress.

Okay so besides that let's talk about few tricks I told you about:
1) Want to know a secret how to see tacktics like a master? They use so called woodpecker method. It means you take let's say 100 tactics puzzles and solve them over and over again. Once you can solve them all in 1 day you move to the next 100. ***Important note, when you solve them second or third time you have to calculate all the lines again, not just first move or main idea!!! With this method your brain will memorize tacktical motifs by heart just like you remember mating patterns. This is 100% checked and I have many examples who improved their tacktical vision to grandmaster level.
2) They learn openings by learning the middlegames that arise after them. Explaining the pawn structure, where your pieces should go, which pieces you should exchange, which to avoid exchange, what pawn moves you have to open up the game and what is your general plan.
3) Psychological factor! The best coaches will prepare you psychological to go threw hell to win the game. I am gonna quote one coach: Forget about who you are playing , what opening your opponent specializes in, and any other potential distractions. Just play chess, sit down at the board and try to crush your esteemed opponent so badly that they will never want to play chess
again . Do everything possible (and ethical !) to ensure that you will destroy your
opponent into a hopeless depression. lt doesn't matter who you are playing or
how long they have been a master, an expert, a 1600 rated player, or a world-class
GM. Don 't be afraid to g o straight for the win. I guarantee that your results will
shoot up enormously if you look your opponent in the eye and make it clear - you
are going to do everything possible to beat them in an embarrassing fashion.

I keep same strategies and more with my own students.

And one more thing, I do believe that good coaches don't play chess professionally simply because they will have the time to give his 100% to his students and care about their success, not about their own over the board.

I will try to talk about all this and more later in my channel when it grows a little bit, if you would like to keep in touch please subscribe.

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #1 - 08/18/16 at 18:26:20
Post Tools
Can you tell us some stuff good coaches work on with their students to make them masters?

IP Logged

KestonyChess
YaBB Newbies

I Love Chess!

New YOUTUBE channel by chess coach
08/17/16 at 20:01:31
Post Tools
Dear chess players and fans, I am young and enthusiastic chess coach who loves to work with passionate chess players all around the world and I decided to start my own new youtube channel. I' am chess coach from eastern Europe, I'm currently working as a chess coach in schools and teaching kids from 5 years old, I am also helping an international master  as his second and helping him with opening repertoire and I have a few private students from USA. I'm young adult but I have spent over 10 years on playing chess in different tournaments, I had an opportunity and privilege of being a private student of two international masters for 4 years. I'm also studying at university and finishing my degree. Chess is my passion, it's the first thing I think of every morning and that's the main reason I wanted to make some videos and share it with the community of chess. It's brand new experience for me and I know it's far from perfect but those are very exciting to make and I am more than happy if at least one viewer improves his chess knowledge

I will upload chess videos including every aspect of the game: positional play (pawn levers, how to play with different pawn structures, how to improve your pieces, prophylaxis, manoeuvring, playing against weakness to mention a few), tactical skills (explaining how to become a better tactical player, how to to improve your calculations), opening repertoire (newest chess opening books included, explaining the main ideas and plans behind the moves), endgame studies (step by step explaining every major endgame). The material will be taken from my own analysis, newest chess books and I'm gonna retell what my IM coaches learned me. I do it because I love to do it.

Channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsDiImlR7w3lAt3tGUo-Z7Q

P.s. I have tony's permission for this post!

If you liked the videos and want to say thanks, please subscribe!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo