Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Perunovic is writing a book on the Benko (Read 2987 times)
TD

Feyenoord forever!

Re: Perunovic is writing a book on the Benko
Reply #8 - 07/16/17 at 14:01:37
Post Tools

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #7 - 05/06/17 at 16:24:58
Post Tools
Indeed, a half-dozen books which are still coming in March or April ...and a blog which has been comming (sic) soon for months.

IP Logged

RoleyPoley

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #6 - 05/06/17 at 10:15:17
Post Tools
Marcellus wrote on 10/14/16 at 14:59:10:
Scarblac wrote on 10/14/16 at 07:58:38:
Cheeky title. Metropolitan Chess Publishing had four books with "Modernized:" in the title in recent years, and now this book by Thinkers is "Hyper Modernized"?

Actually, I look at the Thinkers Publishing website now, and on http://www.thinkerspublishing.com/forthcoming-publications.html today it lists it as "The Modernized Benko", and only in February.

Apparently the publication date for the Perunovic book has been moved back. I'm also interested in the title "Reloaded Weapons in the Benoni Structures" from Pavlovic (3/17).

Anyone heard anything more on these titles? We are now into May and the books dont appear to have been released (or even listed at my usual online retailers) and the website still gives those same dates for publication.

"As Mikhail Tal would say ' Let's have a bit of hooliganism! '"

Victor Bologan.

IP Logged

TD

Feyenoord forever!

Reply #5 - 02/17/17 at 09:07:37
Post Tools

IP Logged

Marcellus

Reply #4 - 10/14/16 at 14:59:10
Post Tools
Scarblac wrote on 10/14/16 at 07:58:38:
Cheeky title. Metropolitan Chess Publishing had four books with "Modernized:" in the title in recent years, and now this book by Thinkers is "Hyper Modernized"?

Actually, I look at the Thinkers Publishing website now, and on http://www.thinkerspublishing.com/forthcoming-publications.html today it lists it as "The Modernized Benko", and only in February.

Apparently the publication date for the Perunovic book has been moved back. I'm also interested in the title "Reloaded Weapons in the Benoni Structures" from Pavlovic (3/17).

As far as copying titles, I see they list (from Demuth, 4/17) "The Modern Reti, a full repertoire for White". The same title and almost the same author name (six letter GM starting with "De") as the book from Chess Stars. Very impressive.

IP Logged

Scarblac

Chess Addict

Reply #3 - 10/14/16 at 07:58:38
Post Tools

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #2 - 10/13/16 at 23:36:56
Post Tools
I am sure the analysis and his insights will be great if he even has a shred of talent in the writing department. He's the man to follow for the newest stuff in the Benko. Should be a must-have if the execution is good!  Grin

IP Logged

RoleyPoley

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 10/04/16 at 22:51:58
Post Tools
Marcellus wrote on 10/04/16 at 05:39:37:
According to the Thinkers Publishing website, Perunovic's The Hyper Modernized Benko Gambit will be appearing in December. I look very forward to this, as I assume other Benko aficionados will.

I'm interested. Although, how have their other releases been layout wise?

"As Mikhail Tal would say ' Let's have a bit of hooliganism! '"

Victor Bologan.

IP Logged

Marcellus

Perunovic is writing a book on the Benko
10/04/16 at 05:39:37
Post Tools
According to the Thinkers Publishing website, Perunovic's The Hyper Modernized Benko Gambit will be appearing in December. I look very forward to this, as I assume other Benko aficionados will.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo