Latest Updates:
Normal Topic The Caro-Kann Defense: Classical Variation Karpov (Read 5729 times)
Wwqlcw
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: The Caro-Kann Defense: Classical Variation Karpov
Reply #4 - 01/12/17 at 19:17:33
Post Tools
Okay, I have both the 2011 version and the 2016 English language version.  They are more or less identical; I've found no new analysis of what was presented in 2011.  There are 10 added illustrative games, with game dates after 2011, added to the 15 previously given; but they are "Karpov" notes, with little commentary until well into the middlegame and no read depth in the variations.  At least the old version was forcing me to learn some Russian... Wink

IP Logged

Pingudon

Hi chess friends!!

Reply #3 - 12/25/16 at 22:18:28
Post Tools
I remember two books by the same authors. Caro Kann Defence: Advance Variation and Gambit System and one about Panov Attack. But they were year 2006. Very dated by now

GTalk  
IP Logged

Wwqlcw
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 12/25/16 at 10:58:21
Post Tools
My guess would be that it's a translation of the Russian Chess House release of the Karpov-Podgaets book of 2011.  That was quite good coverage of the classical variation at the time: it's still good for the most part, but of course the critical variations have all moved on.  Even if it's nothing more than a reprint I'll get it, because the coverage was so solid, and since translating Russian (even with Russell's book) slows me down...  Tongue

IP Logged

TD
God Member

Feyenoord forever!

Reply #1 - 12/24/16 at 09:53:35
Post Tools
The back-cover says "the currently most popular system", so I don't think it's a new book...

https://www.amazon.com/Caro-Kann-Defense-Classical-Variation/dp/5946935089/ref=s...

IP Logged

Pingudon

Hi chess friends!!

The Caro-Kann Defense: Classical Variation Karpov
12/23/16 at 22:53:38
Post Tools
Hi friends. Have you heard about this new book? Is it really new or a reprint of the very old book by the same authors?

GTalk  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo