Latest Updates:
Normal Topic evans gambit declined (Read 347 times)
Sinn
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: evans gambit declined
Reply #2 - 02/16/17 at 11:26:49
Post Tools
Hmmm...

This position feel completely ok. 1 pawn up, a good center and no real attack from black.
Stockfish is at least at +1,5 since move (10....Bb6 ?) (and even without his conclusion I would play this position anyday, don't underestimate the power of connected pawns, in the g3 king's indian defense you even sacrifice a piece for this kind of things)

The real complex positions comes from 10... Bxf2 !

I don't know what to think about it.

IP Logged

RdC
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: evans gambit declined
Reply #1 - 02/16/17 at 09:41:29
Post Tools
Sinn wrote on 02/15/17 at 17:36:56:
. The position seem complex and stockfish seems ok with it (let him go to 25 depth if you want him to appreciate it).

On the basis of that game, White seems to survive a very messy position and win with eight pawns against six. For practical purposes I think you must ask yourself whether you have the creative skills of GMs like Hector or the analytical skills of Stockfish.

IP Logged

Sinn
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

evans gambit declined
02/15/17 at 17:36:56
Post Tools
Hi,

I stumbled upon this game :

I always thought that 5.b5 was a bad idea since I read it in pinsky's book. I even stopped playing the evans because I didn't like the declined version of it (too symmetrical especially if black play a6,h6 and doesn't take the knight on d5).

But then I saw this 7.Be2 and I don't know it feels interresting again. The position seem complex and stockfish seems ok with it (let him go to 25 depth if you want him to appreciate it).

It seems that all the other games continued with 7.d4 which is refuted.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo