Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Dreams with top players (Read 1493 times)
bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Re: Dreams with top players
Reply #2 - 09/04/17 at 07:17:16
Post Tools
While I never dreamt of this I had an funny chess related dream.

I play correspondance chess at ICCF and it was my turn to move.
When analysing with computer for some time the computer suggested a pawn move with an equal position.
Instead of moving I turned of the computer and took a nap.

During the dream I dreamt about that position and that I sacrifced first a exchange and then a pawn for strong winning compensation where my Knight got a very good outpost.

When I awoke I booted up my computer and manually entered the move.
First I did not like it at all but after my followed up pawn sacrifce I was suddenly 2 pawns better so I played that move in the corr game and won
very easy.

IP Logged

Monocle

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Dreams with top players
Reply #1 - 08/23/17 at 16:03:32
Post Tools
Years ago, I had a dream where I had to play Korchnoi in a tournament.  But when the round started, I noticed we didn't have a complete chess set.  So I was running around trying to find the missing pieces while everyone else in the tournament hall was playing, and every time I found some pieces, I'd get back and find different ones missing.  Suffice to say, the game never happened.

IP Logged

grandpatzer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Dreams with top players
08/23/17 at 08:27:46
Post Tools
Did you ever dream of being with a world champion or a top player? A few years back I dreamt of being with a young Bobby Fischer in his NY apartment in the 1960s, and suggesting him some moves or strategies (!). Last nigth I dreamt that I was with Levon Aronian, and he was a bit preoccupied because he had to play Kasparov and he didn't know what to play with White (no doubt it was the recent blitz tournament in Saint Louis...) I suggested 1.d4.

It's funny...  Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo