Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Avrukh GM2a King's Indian (Read 2927 times)
kylemeister
God Member

Re: Avrukh GM2a King's Indian
Reply #4 - 05/16/18 at 16:28:43
Post Tools
Well, 8. Ne1 is an old book move which has been given as leading to an edge for White before (but none of the old books I'm aware of addressed 8...d5).

IP Logged

ErictheRed
God Member

USCF National Master

Reply #3 - 05/16/18 at 15:15:12
Post Tools
I enjoyed Gustafsson's video at least, thanks for that.  I haven't seen the book of Avrukh's being discussed, but I would be very skeptical of claims that moves like 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.g3 Bg7 4.Bg2 0-0 5.Nf3 d6 6.0-0 c6 7.Nc3 Bf5 8.Ne1 offer White a genuine hope for an advantage.  Interesting idea and all, but what has Black done that is worthy of punishment in the form of moving a developed knight to the back rank?

IP Logged

Bibs
YaBB Moderator

Reply #2 - 05/16/18 at 12:48:42
Post Tools
I understand that he plays corr. rather than OTB.
He writes very good stuff - high quality.

And frankly, who on earth are you, Random Anon Guy on Internet? Are you any good? Here - no great shakes, but FM, and I learn plenty from the Ntirlis QC books.

General rule - don't be an @rsehole, and things are better in the world.

IP Logged

TUKI
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 05/15/18 at 23:39:23
Post Tools
Ntirlis is only 1900 and he recently lost a game to 1750 player, so his opinion is not important at all. I have found a LOT of improvements over Avrukh's analysis in the past. Anyway - for most players chess is mora of a battle of ideas, so caiming an edge means nothing under 2300 level.

IP Logged

pioleiva
YaBB Newbies

Those who dont move dont
feel their freedom...

Avrukh GM2a King's Indian
05/14/18 at 20:39:39
Post Tools
Just to proceed the discussion in the Grunfeld Forum:

Avrukh is writing great books and has many new ideas. But I never got the Quality Chess marketing strategy of claiming that White is better everywhere, this time explicitly claimed e.g. by Ntirlis in a video overview of the book. Really guys? This obvious nonsense always leaves me speachess...

In a recent video (to be found here:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnWEVWf2Q_Q) Jan Gustafsson is talking about the opening stage of his games at the Thailand Open.

As he reveals he did some specific preparation and followed the Avrukh lines against the King's Indian and got nothing twice (game number 2 and 4). He is showing some nice and not so hard to find ideas where Black is perfectly alright. In game number 4 he disliked Avrukhs recommendation so much (he shows why, Black getting fantastic compensation for a pawn) in order to deviate from Avrukh quite early on.

Maybe I am too old fashioned, but for me this hyperbole marketing is really taking away a lot from otherwise very good books. It simply leaves me in a state of mind where I do not trust Avrukh on anything - what a pity!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo