Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Which Ruy Lopez Variant to use as Black ? (Read 18760 times)
Markovich
God Member

Re: Which Ruy Lopez Variant to use as Black ?
Reply #1 - 04/10/07 at 17:17:16
Post Tools
routermeister wrote on 04/10/07 at 16:57:46:
Hello all,

I decided to construct a repertoire, including the Ruy Lopez as both black and white.  I have been enjoying the study of IM Greet's outstanding new book, but I'm looking for advice as to which variant to employ when facing the Ruy Lopez as black.

Reading advice on Jeremy Silman's website, he recommends that anyone below master avoid the Zaitsev.  Does everyone here concur?  I'm looking for the best variant to allow for a sharp tactical game, yet remain sound, and that has IM/GM's playing the line so I can study their games.  My playing strength is in the 1600-1800 range, but I'm studying quite a bit right now.

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

On that basis, I would recommend the Open.

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

routermeister
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Which Ruy Lopez Variant to use as Black ?
04/10/07 at 16:57:46
Post Tools
Hello all,

I decided to construct a repertoire, including the Ruy Lopez as both black and white.  I have been enjoying the study of IM Greet's outstanding new book, but I'm looking for advice as to which variant to employ when facing the Ruy Lopez as black.

Reading advice on Jeremy Silman's website, he recommends that anyone below master avoid the Zaitsev.  Does everyone here concur?  I'm looking for the best variant to allow for a sharp tactical game, yet remain sound, and that has IM/GM's playing the line so I can study their games.  My playing strength is in the 1600-1800 range, but I'm studying quite a bit right now.

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo