Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) C00-C19:How to Beat the French Defence: A new book (Read 72659 times)
flaviddude

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Re: How to Beat the French Defence: A new book
Reply #1 - 12/30/07 at 12:23:23
Post Tools
I will be very interested in seeing what it gives against the Fort Knox Defence

1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3. Nb1- d2 or Nb1-c3 dxe 4. Nxe4 Bd7 black puts the bishop on c6 and the knights on d7 and f6. I showed one of the club microboppers this system and he drew with a player much higher rated in an international junior tournament.

I am hopelessly addicted to the King's Gambit

IP Logged

kalle99

They say I have Aspbergers
syndrome.

C00-C19:How to Beat the French Defence: A new book
12/30/07 at 00:15:47
Post Tools
A new book is planned to be released July 1, 2008.

A very interesting book. There is a lot against the french now. Thats great !! And the book has the Tarrasch as its main weapon.

I searched this forum to see any possible earlier post on this book but I didnt find it. Hopfully I have not missed anything.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Beat-French-Defence-essential/dp/1857445678/ref=pd_bxg...

and

http://www.everymanchess.com/display.php?id=467

Editorial Reviews

Book Description

The French Defence is considered to be one of Black’s most reliable answers to 1 e4. Indeed, many players have become frustrated in their attempts to prove an advantage and make headway against Black’s ultra-solid formation.
In How to Beat the French Defence, Andreas Tzermiadianos meets this difficult challenge head on. He advocates his favourite weapon against the French – the Tarrasch Variation – and reveals an abundance of opening ideas and novelties, providing the reader with a complete repertoire which is aimed at posing Black serious problems. Read this book and fight the French Defence with renewed confidence and vitality.

« Last Edit: 07/25/11 at 17:18:26 by dom »  

"I Often see in chess forums people asking : " What is the current status of that line ?"&&&&Its a good reasonable question,but who can claim that he knows the answer ?!&&&&Semko Semkov Januari 2008

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo