Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Welcome Message (Read 5191 times)
Glenn Snow
God Member

Re: Welcome Message
Reply #4 - 09/29/03 at 01:00:30
Post Tools
After 1.e4 c5  2.c3 d5  3.exd5 Qxd5  4.d4 Nf6  5.Nf3 Bg4  6.Be2 e6, the fairly recent book "Play the 2.c3 Sicilian" by Rozentalis and Harley suggest: 7.h3 Bh5 8.c4 is slightly better for White.  Btw they suggest that 6.dxc5 is White's most dangerous attempt.

IP Logged

Ilikethedragon
YaBB Newbies

Chesspublishing .com is
great!

Reply #3 - 07/02/03 at 20:32:11
Post Tools
Thank you Bilbo.  Do you like the ring trillogy or just the hobbit?  Well anyway thanks. Smiley

IP Logged

Bilbo Baggins
YaBB Newbies

A Texan Stranded in New
Jersey

Reply #2 - 07/02/03 at 17:56:30
Post Tools
  The Anti-Sicilians are the bane of the existence of the Sicilian players unless you beat them at their own game.  The Anti-Sicilians are played by people who are either afraid of the main lines, don't want to WORK out a repertoire in the open lines or just want to play something a little more sedate.  The secret is to out work them at their own game.   Most will follow a book or some other guide.  Study the various books and lines reccomended in these books and outplay them in their own lines.  A Sicilian player will gain many points by study on these lines.  You can't prevent it, so just beat them at their own game.   Spend more time on the Anti-Sicilians than your main lines.  You will be paid back in full with points.

Your Humble Servant

Bilbo Baggins

IP Logged

Ilikethedragon
YaBB Newbies

Chesspublishing .com is
great!

Reply #1 - 07/02/03 at 15:45:37
Post Tools
Hi.  I like to play the dragon, but in my free time on yahoo or even at tournaments I always get anti-sicilians.  What plan do you recommend after white's f4 advance in the Closed Sicilian?  Also in the 2. d5 variation of the Alapin-Sveshnikov after 1.e4 c5  2.c3 d5  3.exd5 Qxd5  4.d4 Nf6  5.Nf3 Bg4  6.Be2 e6 who is better? What is the best continuation for both sides?  Gary Lane or anyone please post what you think.  Thanks a lot. Grin

IP Logged

IMGaryLane
YaBB Newbies

Welcome Message
01/04/03 at 22:51:58
Post Tools
Welcome to the latest novelty on ChessPublishing.
This is your chance to ask direct questions about any of the openings and to tell everyone else about your ideas. Therefore, I would welcome contributions of games played by members or any home analysis.
I look forward to hearing more about the Anti-Sicilians!

Regards

Gary Lane

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo