Latest Updates:
Normal Topic New look (Read 2326 times)
yaltmax

If you smile, the whole
world smiles with you...

Re: New look
Reply #3 - 01/15/03 at 11:46:42
Post Tools
Oh, I do mind you using that orange color but I was just afraid to say Smiley Just kidding;)

Cheesy Cheesy

Yes, the guest site was later updated as well and now it has new look too.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #2 - 01/15/03 at 11:31:08
Post Tools
Thanks for the compliments, Max!
I hope people don't mind me using these bright colours?
Anyway, in answer to the last post, the reason that the top menu disapears when the left menu is used was because most of the items on the top are of little interest to experienced users (except for the Forum, perhaps?), who are just interested in the chess, and we felt it was more important to leave more space for the actual chess content, which is what the site is about, after all!
If anyone needs to get back then they can use the new 'Home' button, of course.
The 'Guest' site is updated automatically once a day, so there is often a difference between the two.

IP Logged

yaltmax

If you smile, the whole
world smiles with you...

Reply #1 - 01/14/03 at 22:26:58
Post Tools
Great news! That new menu on top is awesome addition to the site for general navigation. I was waiting for that for a long time!! 8) It's great it stays there when you use different menu items on top but it's a pity the top menu disappears when left-menu items are used. Well, maybe it's a suggestion for the next update to have that top menu present all the time on every page. Frames might be used for that but personally I don't like them Smiley Well, that's another whole discussion I guess Wink

Everything downloaded fast on my side... but hey, I have a cable connection. So, it would be nice to hear the experience from our modem users.

Ha-ha... as much annoying as that logo was with its sound, I still love it!! And I can't resist to click on that "wow" to see it again and again Smiley lol

One note: the look has been changed in the "subscriber" section but still remains the same old in the "guest" area. Is it intended so or...?

Thanks Tony and everyone involved for having such a great site! Keep it up! I am sure the subscribers (and guests as well) appreciate so much the service you provide.

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

New look
01/14/03 at 20:23:55
Post Tools
Well, as you have no doubt noticed the look of the ChessPublishing site has finally changed, after nearly 4 years!
I hope everyone likes it, and finds it easier to get around. There may be a slight delay the first time around with slower modems, but afterwards it should download as quickly as before.
If there are any problems, don't hesitate to say!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo