Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Searching for a specific game/player on ChessPub (Read 5743 times)
mars
YaBB Newbies

Time is nothing, timing
is everything

Re: Searching for a specific game/player on ChessP
Reply #8 - 03/05/03 at 14:13:30
Post Tools
it is not everyday that Kasparov loose a game in this way against Radjabov and I think Neil has to work a lot on the February Update ...  Wink
If you don't have so much "work" in your section, you can answer everyday on this forum  Grin and I thank you for that ! Cheesy

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #7 - 03/05/03 at 08:22:42
Post Tools
I happen to know that he is very busy putting the finishing touches to his February update! Undecided

IP Logged

mars
YaBB Newbies

Time is nothing, timing
is everything

Reply #6 - 03/05/03 at 01:32:58
Post Tools
Tony, I have been posting a message in the French section of this forum and Neil has not answer to this message. I have to say that he is not active as you are ... on this forum. Were can I contact him ?

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #5 - 03/04/03 at 15:42:48
Post Tools
As for my French games, they were played in the days when I used to scour the English weekend circuit, I have the scoresheets, but I doubt whether they are on any databases. We should ask Neil about 7 Re1, perhaps? Undecided

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #4 - 03/04/03 at 15:30:32
Post Tools
Oui, c'est vrai! Mais il y a deja un partie du Forum que pour les Francais, avec Neil McDonald! 8)

IP Logged

mars
YaBB Newbies

Time is nothing, timing
is everything

Reply #3 - 03/03/03 at 23:08:41
Post Tools
it's a nice forum here, with only "french" people. Why don't we speak all french, it would be easier LOL  Grin

PS : Tony, I have one question for you in the french section about the Advance Variation with 4.Nf3 (see the post there) cxd4 ; 5.Bd3 Nc6 ; 6.0-0
You mention in your book that you have been playing this line when you were younger but I have find no games anywhere ...
Secondly, you recommend 6...f6 for Black and you don't speak about Kogan's 7.Re1 What do you think of this move ?

IP Logged

hicetnunc

"Do something scary every
day"

Reply #2 - 03/03/03 at 17:39:07
Post Tools
Quote:
Yes, this seems like a good suggestion for our ChessPub.exe improvements posting of a while ago. Smiley Incidentally, now that the Forum is here, is there any point of subscribers being able to annotate the games on ChessPub.exe? Does anyone actually use this facility?

Well, this annotation feature is just too difficult to use. Besides, who am I to add annotations to those of a GM ?  Smiley

However, many good players are able to make interesting points about those games, so maybe the right way to proceed would be to send suggestions directly to the GM in charge or post on the forum (for double-checking  Wink), and then it's up to the GM to add comments in the e-books or directly in the games if this is relevant.

48 yo, 1920 elo

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #1 - 03/03/03 at 08:34:20
Post Tools
Yes, this seems like a good suggestion for our ChessPub.exe improvements posting of a while ago. Smiley Incidentally, now that the Forum is here, is there any point of subscribers being able to annotate the games on ChessPub.exe? Does anyone actually use this facility?

IP Logged

hicetnunc

"Do something scary every
day"

Searching for a specific game/player on ChessPub
03/02/03 at 17:10:33
Post Tools
I was reading an article on Wijk Aan Zee tournament quoting a move in the game Loek Van Wely - Shirov, but without giving the complete score. Then I wondered where I could find this game annotated, and thought about ChessPub. But I realized I didn't even know the opening of this game ! Undecided

So how can I locate it in ChessPub ? Of course, I can browse the Internet to find the game score and then refer to the appropriate section, and yes, I understand it's not ChessPub primary objective, but wouldn't it be nice to provide us with some feature to find all commented games played by a given player ?

Cheers !

BTW : for curious people, the article is in Europe Echecs n° 520 and the quoted move is 21...Nb4

48 yo, 1920 elo

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo