Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Member Map (Read 2501 times)
GonzalezJ
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Re: Member Map
Reply #2 - 05/01/03 at 16:28:38
Post Tools
Thanks, that was easy !
<Jose>

IP Logged

yaltmax

If you smile, the whole
world smiles with you...

Re: Member Map
Reply #1 - 05/01/03 at 14:58:32
Post Tools
Jose,

IN order to be included on the member map, you have to specify your location not only in terms of the state, country, etc. but also an exact pin-point location on the map.

So, every member would need to do that themselves. It's not automatic since teh system can't pin-point your exact location on the map.

To include yourself, do teh following:

1. Go to your profile but not teh general one that you can go by clicking the "Profile" in the horizontal menu on top but by clicking on your name on the very home page of teh forum at teh very bottom or just by clicking the profile icon next to the message you posted right below your avatar, name, status, etc next to the message board. This way you will see a special profile and there you can find the "Edit Member Map"

2. Click that "Edit Member Map" link and select your map/country and then click on the map where you are located precisely to flag your location.

3. Don't forget to save that profile map by hitting the "Save" button.

4. Got to "Member Map" in the menu on top and check if you are now included.

Here is some more specific info regarding this "map" feature when it was installed:

http://altmax.com/cgi-local/cpf/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=104192608...

I hope it helps. However, if you are really stuck or don't have time to do it yourself, feel free to let me know and I'll do it for you.

In fact, we have lots more members than we have included on the map. So, go ahead everyone and include yourself on teh map so we can see our growing community around the globe.

IP Logged

GonzalezJ
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Member Map
05/01/03 at 13:01:03
Post Tools
I noticed with interest the Member Map feature.  I select the USA map, but alas! I wasn't included.  I've been a member for 4-5 weeks and I double checked that my profile says "USA".

I guess I'm incognito  8)

<Jose>

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo