Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sicilian Defence With 2. or 3. Bc4 (Read 14084 times)
richmach
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Re: Sicilian Defence With 2. or 3. Bc4
Reply #15 - 07/15/05 at 02:51:30
Post Tools
thnx for all the keys. however, i still wait for some suggestions that would emphasize important move-orders in the 3. Bc4 after 2...d6 Anti-Sicilian. goodluck and kudos to all. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

basqueknight
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/28/05 at 23:40:45
Post Tools
I agree with topnotch. I like the najdorf variation so i play as and put my queen on c7 with e6 in there some place. One of the people at my club plays it constantly and i have never lost to it. however it does have the possibility of transposing into the fischer or sozin attack.

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #13 - 05/08/05 at 20:48:38
Post Tools
You have to becareful not to be 'Moveordered' in these early Bc4 lines.  Grin

How Black meets Bc4 should be linked closely to the Open Sicilian line that he intended to play, since he could easily find himself in unfamiliar territory should White suddenly change tact and play a deferred d4.

Food for thought.

Top Grin

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #12 - 05/07/05 at 09:10:22
Post Tools
What about Staunton's setup g6, Bg7, Nc6, e6, Nge7 and d5 ?

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

richmach
YaBB Newbies

Reply #11 - 05/07/05 at 01:42:31
Post Tools
hi to all there! i played sicilian also quite often as black. however, i find myself confused as to how black should react after 1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bc4. could you please share to me your idea as to how should black fight for a win in such a position. thanks a lot! Grin

IP Logged

A Mcclain

Reply #10 - 11/21/03 at 12:59:21
Post Tools
Thanks for your input whitecraw, I have never seen the "Micheal Adams" variation you describe but it does look interesting.  However, it seems that white wastes a lot of time moving his bishop around several times and pushing his d-pawn twice.  It seems with logical development black should get a very good game.  But I will keep on the lookout if someone plays this type of line against me.

Thanks

IP Logged

whitecraw

Reply #9 - 11/21/03 at 12:44:29
Post Tools
The 2.Nf3 and 3.Bc4 lines are played by a lot of begginers that play against the f7 square in standard 1.e4 e5 openings, and try the same formula against the Sicilian, which just doesn't fly. A typical plan for White would be to develop normally, O-O and move the Kt from f3 and push for f4-f5, for a sort of delayed GPA. Personally, I think they have just wasted tempi with the the extra Kt move.

However, I have seen this move order employed in some published games. Infact "tricky" Micheal Adams used it occasionally. But, the basic plan is different, usually it involves d3, c3 and Bb3, Bc2 with a delayed d4 I think ... Anyway, if a strong player plays it against you, I would not dismiss it Smiley

IP Logged

A Mcclain

Reply #8 - 11/21/03 at 00:09:25
Post Tools
I like the name of the opening.  Anyway after 8. ... Qb6 9. Qxc8 Nf6 I'm pretty sure black can trap the queen with e6 followed by Bd6.  However, after Qxh8 Kxh8 white has 2 rooks for his queen.

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Reply #7 - 11/20/03 at 23:57:18
Post Tools
Probably, but that's why visiting a site like this is not only informative, but fun! The question is after 8...Qc7 9. Nxb5 axb5 if Black's development compensates for the sacrificed pawn (R+P=N+B). I think given the openness of the position, i'd rather have the 2 pieces. Another interesting idea is 8...Qb6(!?, ?! or ?) 9. Qxc8 Nf6!? and wonder if White can forcefully get is queen out or will it become a desperado?

Also, while I always thought it would be cool to have an opening named after myself, I think it would be cooler to name it after someone with either a really cool/really funny name or someone/something who you would not associate with chess. I personally think it would be  really cool to tell someone you play the Dalai Lama Attack/Gambit/Counter-attack!!  Grin

IP Logged

a Mcclain

Reply #6 - 11/20/03 at 23:47:00
Post Tools
Interesting.  The easiest  way for white to extract his queen from black's queenside is after 7. Qxa8 Nc6 8. Nc3 and then Nxb5 to open the A-file. (I'm pretty sure we are some of the only people in history to analyze this line) maybe I can get i named after me. Ha Ha Ha

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Reply #5 - 11/20/03 at 23:34:18
Post Tools
Quite laughable. But I wonder if 6...Kg7 7. Qxa8 Nc6 followed by Qc7 and Bb7 is even funnier?  Grin  (I didn't work out all the variation, but it looks like this sequence may very well win White's queen)

IP Logged

a Mcclain

Reply #4 - 11/20/03 at 23:15:55
Post Tools
Hey dragoneer, would you like a good laugh? well, speaking of ridiculous bishop moves in the sicilian here is a trap i actually saw somebody fall for many, many, many years ago.  1.e4 c5  2. Bb5? a6  3.Bc4 b5?? 4.Bxf7+ Kxf7 5. Qh5+ g6 6. Qd5+ snaring the a8 rook.  you had better watch out for this one.

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Reply #3 - 11/20/03 at 22:53:20
Post Tools
Indeed, we Sicilian Players are often "spoiled" because we are so used to getting great positions when our opponents dare to venture the main lines and challenge our knowledge of the open sicilian!!

IP Logged

a mcclain

Reply #2 - 11/20/03 at 22:34:48
Post Tools
Thanks Dragoneer, That is the line I usually play e6 followed by d5.  I almost always get good position out it, but I have been trying to find a way to get a decisive advantage, but alas i guess you have to be happy with a good position as black anytime you can get it

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Reply #1 - 11/20/03 at 21:56:48
Post Tools
An early Bc4 in the non-Open Sicilian is usually a bad idea unless Black has already played e5 or (in a few cases) d6. However, if black can simply play e6 and d5, that should be enough for at least equality. Except in an unorthodox line or a gambit, it requires great SKILL by White give black the opportunity to seize a huge advantage 3 moves into the game. There are a variety of logical response for black including e6, Nf6, or even g6 or a6. Any rational response should be good enough for equality.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo