Latest Updates:
Normal Topic how well do you as black, handle the Kopec System (Read 3014 times)
mikhailtal3
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Re: how well do you as black, handle the Kopec Sys
Reply #2 - 11/26/03 at 10:32:48
Post Tools
yes it is ! thank you very much, i just would like if everyone would give me some lines that i could use in my games. Grin

YIM  
IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Re: how well do you as black, handle the Kopec Sys
Reply #1 - 11/25/03 at 16:50:22
Post Tools
I assume by the Kopec system you are referring to 1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. c3 Nf6 4. Bd3 I generally meet this with the recommendation from Chris Ward's Winning with the Sicilian Dragon 2 which runs 4...Nc6 5. h3 (5. Bc2?! Bg4!=) d5! with a perfectly good game for black. Another interesting idea is 4...b6 5. h3 (again, 5. Bc2?! Bg4!) 5...Bb7 which should be fine for Black. Hope that helps.

If this is indeed the opening you are referring to (I have also heard lines in the Open Sicilian called the "Kopec System") let me know so I can move this topic to the "Anti-Sicilians" section, where it truly belongs

AIM  
IP Logged

mikhailtal3
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

how well do you as black, handle the Kopec System
11/25/03 at 13:21:47
Post Tools
anyone can answer this questions im opened to every chess player's line and analyis.thank you!! Grin

YIM  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo