Latest Updates:
Normal Topic John Fedorowic (Read 4237 times)
Glenn Snow
God Member

Re: John Fedorowic
Reply #7 - 02/29/04 at 20:24:16
Post Tools
That doesn't seem to invalidate the story to me.  He said Fed was playing on a friends account and then later started the profanity from his (Bronxbattler) account.  Any time something like this happens you should just use the "help abuse" option on ICC.  They (ICC) can verify your story and take what actions they seem fit.  Putting it here where there is no way to verify your story doesn't seem like a good idea to me.  Unless of course after your post we had gotten many similiar stories from others.  Since that has happened perhaps we should just delete the entire line of posts.

IP Logged

KingDan
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #6 - 02/29/04 at 16:53:26
Post Tools
Way to bs. Fed is a real laid-back funny guy. He is one person whowouldnt care who is watching your game. i can see him doing that if you had said something to piss him off. By the way, there is a flaw in your story. You said that he sent you a tell saying he was on a friends account. Bronxbattler is his account. He does not have any games on record on that account. This also tears apart your story saying he was playing while this occured.

IP Logged

CraigEvans
God Member

If I can't sacrifice a
pawn, I'll throw my rook
in

Reply #5 - 02/20/04 at 15:48:36
Post Tools
I must admit I struggle to believe the story... A few years back when WCN was in it's infancy (and hence completely free), not only did John participate frequently in discussions of the GM games played there, where I came up with the nickname FedoroFritz for him, but he also played members there in blitz games. I played him once in a 10 minute game, and he was polite enough to say hello, say good game, and even had a brief chat while playing, and plenty of people were watching at that time. I have heard no people complain about his attacking them in any sense other than over the board.
        I found him to be a polite and amusing guy, and cannot believe for a second he'd launch an unprovoked attack...

Then again, maybe that's what he relies on... Wink

Best wishes,
Craig  Grin

"Give a man a pawn, and he'll smell a rat. Give a man a piece, and he'll smell a patzer." - Me.

"If others have seen further than me, it is because giants have been standing on my shoulders."
IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Re: John Fedorowicz
Reply #4 - 02/09/04 at 20:08:06
Post Tools
This may sound somewhat blunt, but cancelling one's subscription sounds like anger and resent, not mild amusement. I would encourage you to stick with chesspublishing.com as it can hardly be held accountable for the alleged actions of one of its employees which occurred outside the sphere of this website. As I said before, I would encourage you to e-mail John to resolve this conflict, or seek resolution/mediation through a Senior Member on this site (such as yaltmax or Tony Kosten, or the moderator of this forum, alumbrado) before making a decision based on a brief conflict which occurred over the internet. Your decision to cancel not only affects John, but every subscriber and employee (ie the GMs and IMs) who use this site so I would strongly urge to reach some sort of resolution first and if at that point you still feel the way you do now, then do as you will.

I hope I am not making it sound as though I am doubting your story, but I have always been an "innocent until proven guilty" guy and try very hard not to draw conclusions until I know all the facts and as I have not yet heard  the FED's side of the story, naturally I am disinclined to pass judgement. Perhaps it comes from my desire to go to law school and my affinity for the original Law and Order series (Angie Harmon was a great actress).

Take care,

Mitch

AIM  
IP Logged

John Doe

Reply #3 - 02/09/04 at 19:23:18
Post Tools
Well believe it or not it happened exactly the way i said it did. I had never ever spoken to the guy before. In fact. to clarify, exactly, I didnt even know it was him I was watching, I was just watching a random high rated game between two (I thought) untitled players. The next thing I know I am getting all this abuse (yes, for absolutely NO reason), while I am playing from "BronxBattler(GM)". I ask him what the problem is and he just tells me he was playing on his friends account(against ICC rules, naturally), saw me watching, and didn't like it. If I had said something to him previously that annoyed him I wouldnt have been surprised, but i had not, I had no reason to. Anyway who cares, I dont take these things personally. I only posted the details because I found it mildly amusing.

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Re: John Fedorowicz
Reply #2 - 02/09/04 at 16:34:59
Post Tools
Firstly, if you were "just observing", I seriously doubt he would have a problem so I want to know if maybe you said something to him that would make him get so angry. I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just saying that I seriously doubt that anyone would just go off on you for no reason. Also, let me suggest that there is the possibility that you have a handle similar to someone else's who John had previously spoken to about observing his games/bothering him while he was on ICC.

Regardless of whether it was justified or not, I think if it something that extreme that maybe you should ask John why he became upset. It is quite possible that a misunderstanding occurred and wouldn't you rather at least try to find out if there is a logical explanation before throwing a temper tantrum??

AIM  
IP Logged

Mike Thomas

So many openings, so little
time!

Reply #1 - 02/08/04 at 21:09:38
Post Tools
Nice to see that the person who posts the above doesn't have the guts to use his or her real name. Try telling it to someone who cares pal.

IP Logged

John Doe

John Fedorowic
02/08/04 at 20:54:15
Post Tools
This is perhaps not strictly relevant to this forum but I thought people might like to know what sort of guy John Fedorowic is. While playing on ICC tonight, and casually observing one of his games, he launched into a huge tirade of abuse and profanity for the "crime" of observing his game, despite not knowing who on earth I was.

When I pointed out that I would mention it on this bulletin board he told me "feel free" so thats exactly what I am doing.

I know GMs are not famed for their manners but this was unbelievable. I will be cancelling my subscription to chesspublishing (all sites) and will never have anything to do with Fed's stuff again.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo