Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Forced into a lousy Kalashnikov line (Read 1929 times)
AmateurDragoneer

Re: Forced into a lousy Kalashnikov line
Reply #2 - 04/19/04 at 20:25:52
Post Tools
White is currently scoring 85% with 6. Nde2 (although usually in conjunction with g3 and Bg2) with +7 -0 =3! However, that is still in need of exploration. 6.  Nb3 is more to my liking and I can probably just aim for an English Attack-type setup. 6. Nf3 is also a possibility, though I think it is slightly less combative. Thank you for the advice.

Just as a note, I found it interesting that Luke McShane plays this move order with black when facing 2...Nc6 3. Nc3. He scored a nice upset with it against Shirov at last year's Rejkyavic rapid tournament.

AIM  
IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Re: Forced into a lousy Kalashnikov line
Reply #1 - 04/19/04 at 19:25:19
Post Tools
If you are right, than every Svesjnikov adherent would rejoice. But is not 6.Nb3 or 6.Nf3 better? Compared to the Boleslavsky White has not played Be2 yet. Maybe even 6.Nde2 with the idea 7.h3 and 8.g4 is possible.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Forced into a lousy Kalashnikov line
04/19/04 at 19:21:39
Post Tools
I have begun playing 1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Nc3 (or 2. Nc3 and 3. Nf3) and had no problems with it until I noticed that 3...d6 4. d4 cxd4 5. Nxd4 e5 6. Ndb5 lands me in a 6. N1c3 Kalashnikov line where I prefer 6. c4 which I think leads to a larger advantage for White. NCO claims that black can equalize against 6. N1c3 easily and so I'm anxious to know if anyone has a good line in this sytem (after 6...a6 7. Na3 b5) where White can realistically get an edge?  ???

AIM  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo