Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How should i attack the KID? (Read 17003 times)
AmateurDragoneer

Re: How should i attack the KID?
Reply #18 - 05/18/04 at 19:51:35
Post Tools
I was thumbing through NCO, I noticed that although it considers Ba3 the "main line", it says that 10. bxa5 leads to a white advantage viz 10...c5 11. Nd2! Rxa5 12.Nb3 Ra6 13. a4 Nd7 14. Bd2 f5 15. f3 +=

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #17 - 05/18/04 at 16:34:25
Post Tools
Actually, I checked it on board and I think that Nd7 immediately is much better than b6 as it prepares the f5 move and it gives black the option of Nc5.

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #16 - 05/18/04 at 16:28:17
Post Tools
I think I would continue with axb4 and then b6. I don't have a board to check this out but i think that without a pawn support for the advance on c5, white will slow down. I know that Ba3 is a theoritical move but that's how I deal, and I usually win, with the bayonet.

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Reply #15 - 05/18/04 at 15:55:56
Post Tools
I've always played Ba3 right away if my opponent plays a5 so as to maintain the threat of c5 right away.

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #14 - 05/18/04 at 06:30:55
Post Tools
And finally, i agree with AmateurDragoneer on what he said about the saemisch. But still we are talking about a 1600 level. Don't expect too much Wink Finally, I also said that bayonet is the best option in this level though everytime I face b4 I continue with an immediate a5, Rxa5 and b6 and then I attack on the king side.

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #13 - 05/18/04 at 06:21:45
Post Tools
Quote:
I have got no idea what everybody is talking about now

We were talking about 1. d4 Nf6   2. Nf3 g6   3. Nc3 d5   4. Bg5 Bg7  5. Qd2. Your idea is correct alumbrado. On the other hand i will disagree once again with AmateurDragoneer. After taking a look at the position I have to change a couple of moves in the move order I initially proposed. First , 5.Bf4 and not 5.Bg5 as we avoid the very strong tactical hit Ne4 after the queen is placed on the d2 resulting to the exchange of our powerful bishop. The other is immediately 5.Bh6 as there is no reason to lose a tempo for castling. So the move order I recommend is: 1. d4 Nf6   2. Nf3 g6   3. Nc3 d5   4. Bf4 Bg7  5. Qd2 black player has not developed absolutely anything at the queen side, so after 6.Bh6 our opponent needs about 3 or 4 moves to castle queen side. I cannot understand how we cannot gain a lasting, winning advantage. If he castles king side we just kill him and if he exchanges his valuable bishop then we have a strategical advantage.

IP Logged

alumbrado
God Member

Esse quam videri bonus
malebo

Reply #12 - 05/18/04 at 02:35:59
Post Tools
I have got no idea what everybody is talking about now but I want to pick up on an earlier point by AmateurDragoneer.

The Veresov is not annoying at all to Pirc players, as after 1.d4 Nf6 2.Nc3, a Pirc player can happily play 2...d6!?, meeting 3.Bg5 with 3...Nbd7 and then ...g6 and ...Bg7 or ...e5 and ...Be7 according to taste Smiley

In fact, not worrying about White's e4 is (for me) a very important benefit of playing the Pirc when I am faced with "d-pawn specials".

If sometimes we fly too close to the sun, at least this shows we are spreading our wings.

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Reply #11 - 05/17/04 at 19:48:23
Post Tools
As I said, black simply delays castling (but with the intention to eventually do so) so as to castle into the least vulnerable position, like in the Modern, French, and other openings.

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #10 - 05/17/04 at 19:35:57
Post Tools
And also I said to make this attack after our opponent has castled. There is no reason to begin an attack with our pieces in the king side if the opponent castles on the queenside. Except of course if we are rated over 2200 and we can understand all the tactical things tha are happening over the board.

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #9 - 05/17/04 at 19:23:07
Post Tools
My friend if my opponent plays g6, Bg7, h6 and then castles queenside (if I give him the time) I will resign immediately as I will not be able to stop from laughing  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Reply #8 - 05/17/04 at 19:20:23
Post Tools
Most likely, black will play 5...h6 (my recommendation) with delayed castling or 5...h5 and then castle queenside or not at all.  Michael's attacking setup, while it sounds good, is very crude and essentially assumes that  Black will sit there like a vegetable while white marches on the kingside. Against a 1300? Maybe, but not against a 1600 or higher (I would hope!!)

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #7 - 05/17/04 at 19:18:30
Post Tools
Quote:
I'd have to disagree. There are (generally speaking) two kinds of 1600 players. There are ones who know 20 moves of theory but are only moderately good after that, and others who know 10 moves or less of theory but who have excellent positional judgement and/or tactical skills.

If there are some 1600 players that have excellent positional judgement and/or positional skills and are still 1600, this is because they have not played many games to earn many points. So against them, it doesn't really matter the opening that you will play but the understanding of what's really going on.

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #6 - 05/17/04 at 19:14:07
Post Tools
Oh and as for your question, I would advise you to play o-o-o, and if yor opponent:
i) does not castle attack the center and open it for a quick attack
ii)if he castles o-o then you play Bh6, h4!, Bxg7!, h5, and if Nxh5, g5 and you win Wink This is a very straightforward plan and very difficult to defend against it. I ve crushed just too many good players with such plans. Just remember first Bh6, then not Bxg7 but h4! and then not h5 but Bxg7. That happens because if you play first Bxg7 then your opponent will block the h-pawn advance by h5 and if you play h5 instead of Bxg7, he will play Nxg5 and then he will place his knight on g7. The second moveorder is not too important but the first is very important. Good luck with your game, or should I say good luck to your opponents? Wink

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Reply #5 - 05/17/04 at 19:12:32
Post Tools
Quote:
Just to let you know that most people in 1600 rating don't study 20 moves deep Wink

I'd have to disagree. There are (generally speaking) two kinds of 1600 players. There are ones who know 20 moves of theory but are only moderately good after that, and others who know 10 moves or less of theory but who have excellent positional judgement and/or tactical skills.

In addition, while the Saemisch can be good against a player who is not well-prepared to defend himself, the Saemisch doesn't pose a huge threat to black (IMHO). The great thing about the Bayonet is that with a little preparation, White can get a good position regardless of Black's knowledge of opening theory or positional/tactical skills.

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Reply #4 - 05/17/04 at 19:08:11
Post Tools
I don't have a board in front of me, by my gut feeling would be to simply play 5...h6 and win the bishop pair. After that, I would probably delay castling for a couple of moves, develop the light-squared bishop outside the pawn chain (say, on f5) and then follow up with e6 and, probably some kind of pawn break on c5 (or maybe even a pawn rush w/ a5 or b5).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo