Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Where can the Catalan be found at Chesspub.com (Read 1164 times)
alumbrado
God Member

Esse quam videri bonus
malebo

Re: Where can the Catalan be found at Chesspub.com
Reply #2 - 05/20/04 at 03:08:44
Post Tools
I have also been somewhat disappointed by the Catalan coverage in the updates  Cry

It is one of my favourite openings, featuring lots of exciting gambits and attacking play.  For some reason, everyone thinks it is a very quiet positional opening, but in reality it is jam-packed with thrills and spills  8)

Oh well, here's hoping for a few more Catalan games in the future ...  Roll Eyes

If sometimes we fly too close to the sun, at least this shows we are spreading our wings.

IP Logged

AmateurDragoneer

Re: Where can the Catalan be found at Chesspub.com
Reply #1 - 05/19/04 at 22:20:09
Post Tools
It's in there. As far as I can tell, the last update on the Catalan is from May of 2002 (there is also info in the e-book). Just because it hasn't been looked at in a while doesn't mean the old stuff is out of date or worthless. However, if you decide to subscribe, I'm sure GM Scherbakov would be glad to do some new Catalan material, he could probably even focus the lines you're specifically interested in.

Anyway, it's in there in the d4-d5 section, even if it hasn't been looked at in a while.

AIM  
IP Logged

Aaron Williams

Where can the Catalan be found at Chesspub.com
05/19/04 at 14:25:18
Post Tools
I want to purchase a 3-package deal here, but I cannot find which section has the Catalan.  I saw the d4-d5 section advertises ECO E00-E09, but there are no Catalan updates or information there.  Thanks for any and all help.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo