Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Advertisements (Read 1092 times)
Billy_Cember
Ex Member

Re: Advertisements
Reply #2 - 09/23/04 at 14:35:40
Post Tools
I don't mind at all when people give links to online shops as people have asked for those links. I'm referring to ads like  Get revenge on your computer   and one for a tournament on ICC. I understand that, yes this is a chess and the ads are about chess, but I think they should be clearly marked. Yes you are right that they aren't really a problem, but I still stand by my opinion. Smiley

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Re: Advertisements
Reply #1 - 09/23/04 at 05:27:14
Post Tools
If the ad is chess related I don't really see the harm.

Actually, I'm not sure which threads you're talking about?! Do you mean those where people give links to online shops? But there the topic names are fair warning...

Compared to the other chess forums I've visited over the years, I'd say this is probably the one most free from ads of any kind...

IP Logged

Billy_Cember
Ex Member

Advertisements
09/22/04 at 15:24:24
Post Tools
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but its getting really annoying that people are posting advertisements in the forum. Yes I know that there aren't that many and they aren't in the forums for each opening, but it is still very annoying to click on a topic and then wait for it to load and then only find out that its an advertisement. If people are going to advertise at the expense of forum members, they should really have to mark the advertisements or there should be a seperate forum for advertisements.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo