Latest Updates:
Normal Topic C01: Exchange with 4.c4 (Read 3718 times)
Losetowin

The caveman

Re: Exchange with 4.c4
Reply #9 - 12/27/04 at 01:26:35
Post Tools
I dont think 13.... Bxe2 was the most accurate, but of course its a good move. In IQP the side with the good pawn structure should exchange his lighter pieces and in that regard the move is good. But it accelarates white developpment and while black has exchanged his potentially bad bishop, white has kept his good one in an open position. Hence i think instead of the automatic 13... Bxe2 maybe 13 ...Rfe8 !?, and on move before 12... Be6!? which incidentially (!) my dear litle crafty engine agrees upon.

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #8 - 10/03/04 at 10:29:47
Post Tools
We are not getting anywhere  Undecided I know which white's move are inaccurate as I am a good chess player and I played a lot of times similar positions as white. My question is about black's play  Wink

IP Logged

dom
YaBB Moderator

Reply #7 - 10/03/04 at 09:18:07
Post Tools
First inaccurrate move: Bg5..

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”  - Groucho Marx

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #6 - 10/03/04 at 09:02:25
Post Tools
Which black's move was inaccurate? And what do you think about the Bg4 and Bxe2? Is it good or black do not get enough compensation for the weakened white squares?

And for ending experts:

My choice to go to an ending with one rook on each side is it correct? Which is the most favorable ending in game for black? Thanks once more!

IP Logged

dom
YaBB Moderator

Reply #5 - 10/03/04 at 04:24:07
Post Tools
For nexirae: I think I have understood the first post, and my "help" is only about the first moves thus, after move 15, I don't think it will give some useful advice (except knowing how to play against an isolated pawn game).

For Tzanidakis: yes, I focus about White plans just because it seems to me, Black already made an inaccurate move at the beginning, and because my interest goes first for the opening. For middlegame plan, (and since the game is over) I think White must try to play some active plan to counter pieces exchanges by Black (and try to attack somewhere !!) and all I can say about first 15 moves is White as not managed some plan like that  and Black played natural moves.

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”  - Groucho Marx

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #4 - 10/02/04 at 12:17:55
Post Tools
First, we finished yesterday and I won (black).Secondly I never asked for help. I asked critisism for the way black had played so far.I think it is clear in my post that I mention so far. Before accuse someone, check if you have understood the subject first  Angry

IP Logged

nexirae

SMURF!  Soviet Men Under
Red Father!

Reply #3 - 10/02/04 at 11:43:26
Post Tools
"Please do not mention any chess program's analysis or theory as our game is not finished yet. "

It's also illegal in corry to ask other humans for help  Angry .

NeX iRae

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #2 - 10/02/04 at 08:47:28
Post Tools
First of all thanks for your reply! In this game I play black Wink As white I do play the 8.Nge2 variation.In this game I would like to know your opinion about black's play and plans Smiley Thanks again for your reply.

IP Logged

dom
YaBB Moderator

Reply #1 - 10/02/04 at 04:08:58
Post Tools
Just a quick reply: I think Bg5 is not the most accurate move, and the system you have chosen (Be7) is a good one (passive but safe, according to Psakhis in some positions with c4 ; or "best move" for Minev in 5.Nc3 position). If Bg5 is curious then next move Bd3 is dubious, because White looses one tempo in an isolated-pawn game, thus Nc3 is the good move (Black has not chosen the line with Bb4).

Why not following plan for White: 4.c4 Nf6 5.Nc3 (5.Nf3 Bb4) Be7 (5...Bb4 6.a3!? Bxc3 7.bxc3 oo 8.Bd3 and now Ne2 after Black moves except 8..b6!? 9.Bg5 Ba6 10.Bxf6 Qxf6 11.Qh5 g6 12.Qxd5 Nc6 with compensation - Fidechess and Watson ; or 8.Nf3 Re8+ 9.Be3 Ng4 10.Qd2 Nc6 - Teske-Bany,Polanica Zdroj 1988 MCO) 6.Nf3 oo 7.cxd5 Nxd5 8.Bd3 and all the lines of the system is given in NiC survey 26.
As Black I will try the line: 8...Nc6!? 9.oo h6!? 10.Re1 Bf6 Okhotnick-Sher,Prague 1988 -Short et MCO.

IP Logged

Tzanidakis_Michael

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

C01: Exchange with 4.c4
09/23/04 at 11:34:29
Post Tools
The following moves come from a corespodence game I am having with a friend.We both were not too familiar with this line at the time we started playing the game. In this game I play as black. I've played a couple of times the Nge2 variation and I can say that I know the basic plans etc. I believe that my opponent didn't play very well so far and that I accomplished my plans up to a point. I managed to exchange a couple of pieces and leave him with the isolated pawn. Now my plan is to go to an ending with a rook for each side. I am not quite sure if the exchange 13..Bxe2 (and thus 12..Bg4) is correct. I would like to tell me your opinion about black's play so far, the exchange and how correct are my plans. Please do not mention any chess program's analysis or theory as our game is not finished yet. Many thanks for your time and answers!

1. e4 e6
 2. d4 d5            
 3. exd5 exd5          
 4. c4 Nf6          
 5. Bg5 Be7          
 6. Bd3 dxc4          
 7. Bxc4 O-O          
 8. Nc3 Nbd7          
 9. Nge2 Nb6          
10. Bd3 Nfd5          
11. Bxe7 Qxe7          
12. O-O Bg4          
13. Re1 Bxe2          
14. Rxe2 Qd7          
15. Re5 c6
« Last Edit: 08/03/11 at 20:05:28 by dom »  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo