Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Chess Position Trainer (Read 18163 times)
Glenn Snow
God Member

Re: Chess Position Trainer
Reply #7 - 01/07/05 at 14:50:04
Post Tools
I have to admit I don't know what backsolving is but I at least haven't experienced crashes or slow move speed in the training mode.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 01/06/05 at 14:38:52
Post Tools
I took a look at this product and I think the ideas and features available are great however, at this time I could not recommend this product for the serious user because it is unrealiable.

1) crashes for no reason
2) backsolving hangs the system.
3) sound and moves are not co-ordinated and the speed of the moves in the training mode would drive you nuts (to slow...version 3.1.1 was tested)

I think when and if these bugs are fixed you might have a great product but for now I will stick with Bookup.

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

3.1.1 finally which offRe: Chess Position Trainer
Reply #5 - 11/07/04 at 18:36:10
Post Tools
Version 3.1.1 with many new features has just been released and yes its still free.

http://www.chesspositiontrainer.com/cpt/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=84

IP Logged

Losetowin

The caveman

Reply #4 - 10/23/04 at 03:47:41
Post Tools
Yes great tool, even for a computerilleterate like me. It took me a couple of hours to understand how it all works.

IP Logged

Mantraslider
YaBB Newbies

I'm so broke, I can't
even pay attention...

Reply #3 - 10/21/04 at 06:25:47
Post Tools
I know that there will be a lot of new features coming with the next versions too. And the author has no plans as far as I know about going commercial. So that's bad news for Mike Leahy, who cannot expect to earn money on Bookup for nothing...

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Reply #2 - 10/20/04 at 19:58:31
Post Tools
I've only played around with the program a little, but I have to agree with Mantraslider.  The program is easy to use and has a lot of features as well as an attractive look to it.  Amazing that it is being offered for free.  You might want to download it before the programmer changes his mind!

IP Logged

Mantraslider
YaBB Newbies

I'm so broke, I can't
even pay attention...

Reply #1 - 10/18/04 at 06:50:23
Post Tools
I have tried it, and found it to be already WAY better than Bookup (only tested the Bookup demo). A few bugs, it is true but the programmer is still developing it and this is a very young program, so I guess a lot of improvements will be made. It does not only train the opening, but also middle and endgame positions. It is brilliant already, and with some developing, it will be awesome - and it's for free! Smiley)

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Chess Position Trainer
10/17/04 at 21:28:14
Post Tools
Anybody used this free program?  Is it as good as is claimed on http://www.chessville.com/misc/ChessPositionTrainer.htm?  Certainly the price is right!  The website given gives a site (http://www.chesspositiontrainer.com/cpt/index.aspx) that has even more information and an option to download the program.  I'm looking forward to trying out the program.  Will let you know what I think.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo