Latest Updates:
Normal Topic KID Sideline (Read 1539 times)
Glenn Snow
God Member

Re: KID Sideline
Reply #1 - 02/18/05 at 13:13:21
Post Tools
Get the book "Starting Out: The King's Indian" by Gallagher and you'll find out a good response to the Smyslov system which Smyslov played himself.  Actually for more detailed coverage get Gallagher's "Play the King's Indian" which recommends the same system.  As a hint I'll add that playing for ...c5 instead of ...e5 seems to be the way to go here.

As for my opinion of the line for White I think it is a solid variation that will probably score well for the first player against everyone that doesn't know the antidote.  However based on analysis from the "Play the King's Indian" I'd say White really needs a new idea here.

IP Logged

bob000

KID Sideline
11/17/04 at 11:55:01
Post Tools
What is everyone's opinion on the line 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4. Bg5 0-0 5.Nf3 d6 6.e3?
The idea is to attack on the queenside with Rb1, b4 etc. while avoiding black's kingside counterplay by not closing the center.
At first I didn't think this line to be particularly critical but looking at it from the black side I don't see how to avoid a slightly worse position with little counterplay.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo