Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) C30-C39 C33: The Fascinating King's Gambit (Read 251889 times)
GMOlivierRenet
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: The Fascinating King's Gambit
Reply #181 - 02/02/06 at 12:21:46
Post Tools
Hi,

I ordered the book and I shall get it in one or three weeks.

Good luck for your book!

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #180 - 02/02/06 at 11:27:55
Post Tools
GMOlivierRenet wrote on 02/02/06 at 09:30:39:
HI,

How is it possible to get a copy of your book? Do you sell it in french library?

I would be interested.

Thanks

So far I don't think there's any library that has it... But it should be easy to obtain online from Trafford or Amazon. BCM and Chess & Bridge probably still have it in stock, if you're going to London soon.

IP Logged

GMOlivierRenet
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #179 - 02/02/06 at 09:30:39
Post Tools
HI,

How is it possible to get a copy of your book? Do you sell it in french library?

I would be interested.

Thanks

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #178 - 02/01/06 at 02:24:21
Post Tools
GM O.Renet,
before you investigate the Kings Bishop Gambit in one of your updates, you really must purchase the FKG. The problems you mention are dealt with in the book. Of course it is very possible, that you disagree with TalJechin; that will be interesting.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

GMOlivierRenet
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #177 - 01/31/06 at 23:53:21
Post Tools
Hi,

It is true that I like the position after 5e5 in the Morphy line. On the other hand I studied (not too long I must say) the position after 5Nf3 ( "A la Fischer" you said) and may be I am wrong but I don't understand the problem for Black. If 5...O-O 6 O-O Nxe4 looks slightly better for Black and 6e5 d5 7Bb3 d4!? (my idea) looks excellent for Black.

The old line with 5 Nge2 was met very well by 6...d5 7exd5 f3!? 8gxf3 0-0 with a  good position for Black, the game game Alekhine-Levitsky can easily be improved. After 9 d4 Nxd5 is better for Black.

The line proposed by Nigel Davies is though nut to crack.

I will speak soon about the king gambit!! Don't worry!

Olivier

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

Reply #176 - 01/30/06 at 17:42:29
Post Tools
GMOlivierRenet wrote on 01/30/06 at 13:08:21:
Hi,

I didn't see your book yet, but I would like to ask you one question: After 1e4 e5 2 f4 exf4 3 Bc4 Nf6 4 Nc3 I started to analyse the Morphy line starting with 4...Bb4 and it seems very strong for Black. Do you have any idea on that particular line?

OR

Well, I do spend a chapter on The Spanish Connection 5.e5 is most common - and probably why you like it? I recommend either 5.Nf3 á la Fischer Smiley or the rare 5.Nge2!? - the first resulting in 'bishop pair for a pawn' and the other in the usual 'roughly balanced'...

But maybe the subscribers would be more interested in your opinion on the old line Davies dug up for his latest book? I must admit that it's annoying that after a few natural developing moves and then giving away his bishops, black seems to have more or less equality.  Angry

So, any suggestions for white in your column would be welcome! Besides, you would be covering three openings in one!  Smiley

IP Logged

GMOlivierRenet
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #175 - 01/30/06 at 13:08:21
Post Tools
Hi,

I didn't see your book yet, but I would like to ask you one question: After 1e4 e5 2 f4 exf4 3 Bc4 Cf6 4 Nc3 I started to analyse the Morphy line starting with 4...Bb4 and it seems very strong for Black. Do you have any idea one that particular line?

OR

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #174 - 01/27/06 at 01:53:53
Post Tools
"The Creative Aggressor is a great book on the Kings Gambit!!!"

Agreed. The Fascinating Kings Gambit is even better.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

Reply #173 - 01/26/06 at 22:56:53
Post Tools
The publisher is the same, but it was not reprinted by the same printing company.

The surest way to get hold of it is to write to my publisher at Kania schachverlag, at the bottom of the site below you'll get all the info you need for ordering it!  Smiley

http://www.kaniaverlag.de/htm/englisheditions.html#Johansson

If you want to buy it somewhere else I suggest you search for the title at google, I'm not so up to date on who else is selling it these days...

IP Logged

woofwoof
God Member

chess is like life

Reply #172 - 01/26/06 at 18:37:16
Post Tools
TalJechin wrote on 01/25/06 at 17:20:27:
Yes, the Creative Aggressor is still available - it was reprinted in august/september last year. (It's slightly taller and thinner than previously since the original printer in Hungary had gone out of business and lost the original plates.)

So who is the new publisher now? Where do I go for placing an order? Its not in Amazon.  Maybe you might know if its still available at Chessville??

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." - Murray Walker

IP Logged

MS Knight(Guest)

Reply #171 - 01/26/06 at 04:57:00
Post Tools
SmileyThe Creative Aggressor is a great book on the Kings Gambit!!!
For all Kings Gambit lovers its a must have!!! Cool

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

Reply #170 - 01/25/06 at 17:20:27
Post Tools
Yes, the Creative Aggressor is still available - it was reprinted in august/september last year. (It's slightly taller and thinner than previously since the original printer in Hungary had gone out of business and lost the original plates.)

IP Logged

woofwoof
God Member

chess is like life

Reply #169 - 01/25/06 at 16:42:26
Post Tools
TJ,
I did see that review earlier whilst browsing around amazon & had thoughts of posting it up for you. Guess you beat me to it!

I'm feeling very tempted to get a copy already. btw is your Creative Aggressor still in print? Been eyeing that one for quite a while. May consider getting both your books once i've the funds.

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." - Murray Walker

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

Reply #168 - 01/25/06 at 15:46:17
Post Tools
Well, let me resume my 'blogging' - though I think most people would assume that a thread named after a book would probably be about that book and its subject...

Anyway, I recently noticed a new reader review of said book, it seems the FKG has at least converted one player!  Cheesy
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1412046475/ref=cm_aya_asin.title/104-4677188-28...

By the way, after seeing this week's TWiC (585) I got thinking about the impact of opening books. It contains 10 KG games (and only 1 transposing from the Vienna to C30), one went 2...d5 3.ed5 exf4 - Kaufman's recommendation; two or three (if you count the Vienna game or not) went KGD 2...Bc5 - Davis' recommendation, and 3/4 KGA went 3.Bc4 (- the fourth was a C38). So, no Kieseritzkies, and perhaps a small breakthrough for the Bishop's Gambit?  Smiley

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #167 - 11/18/05 at 22:43:16
Post Tools
Thanks ubiyca and Craig for remembering that this is an opening forum and not just a place to rack up blogs.  I've got quite a bit of work ahead of me to digest all this analysis!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo