Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) C30-C39 C33: The Fascinating King's Gambit (Read 211736 times)
Markovich
God Member

Re: The Fascinating King's Gambit
Reply #7 - 01/13/05 at 17:46:48
Post Tools
Congratulations!  I'll be ordering two copies, one for me, and one for my strongest student, who has been playing 2. f4 exf4  3. Bc4 exclusively for the past few years, and has been enjoying great success with it.

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #6 - 01/13/05 at 12:30:50
Post Tools
Quote:
(it will be somewhat like asking a vegetarian his opinion on a steakhouse ...)

Hmm, then I sure do hope you'll be a converted vegetarian by that time!  Wink

IP Logged

alumbrado
God Member

Esse quam videri bonus
malebo

Reply #5 - 01/13/05 at 11:26:23
Post Tools
Well, I imagine I won't get it for another few weeks and then I have to re-educate myself completely ... but yes, I will be sure to let people know my views, for what they are worth (it will be somewhat like asking a vegetarian his opinion on a steakhouse ...)

If sometimes we fly too close to the sun, at least this shows we are spreading our wings.

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

Reply #4 - 01/13/05 at 10:49:24
Post Tools
Wow, all three gods have now posted here!  Cheesy

I don't think any of you will be disappointed, at least I hope not. But Alumbrado, you should realise that there is a risk that you'll lose the taste for the veggie stuff and start living like a wolf!  Grin

Anyway, considering your collected number of messages (1862 at the moment!) I suppose there's hardly any need to encourage any of you to share your opinions on the book here, when you've read it?  Wink

IP Logged

alumbrado
God Member

Esse quam videri bonus
malebo

Reply #3 - 01/13/05 at 10:11:59
Post Tools
Well, I went through a phase as a kid where I played the King's Gambit (I won a book prize at a tournament and it was Estrin & Glazkov's Play the King's Gambit Vol. 1 so I decided to give it a punt).

You know what, TJ, I need something to cheer myself up as the year gets off to a bit of a gloomy start here in London, so, what the hell, I am going to revisit my youth and buy your book!

Who knows, I may even take up 1.e4 again ... there are times when I grow weary of my "vegan" diet of fianchetti and flank pawns and need some red meat!

If sometimes we fly too close to the sun, at least this shows we are spreading our wings.

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #2 - 01/11/05 at 20:14:20
Post Tools
"However, once I reach super-GM level I promise to learn the Ruy Lopez."
You'd better learn the Petrov first.
My congratulations to TJ.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Reply #1 - 01/11/05 at 20:01:35
Post Tools
I really liked the last book and this one looks to be even better.  The King's Gambit has always seemed more dynamic and interesting than any other anti 1...e5 system to me.  However, once I reach super-GM level I promise to learn the Ruy Lopez.  Smiley

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

C30-C39 C33: The Fascinating King's Gambit
01/11/05 at 14:35:22
Post Tools
Howdy all,

my new book on the KG is out now!

For more info about it and how to order just go to this page on my site: http://hem.passagen.se/tjmisha/countdown.html

The official sales page with some scanned pages etc will take about a week extra, but it should be available for orders by email by tomorrow (i.e. January 12th) for those who have already made up their minds! Cheesy

A little update: Today (13th/1) the sales system seems to be up and running, so orders via email are no longer necessary.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 07/24/11 at 01:29:28 by Smyslov_Fan »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo