Latest Updates:
Normal Topic KID vs. d-pawn specials (Read 2078 times)
alumbrado
God Member

Esse quam videri bonus
malebo

Re: KID vs. d-pawn specials
Reply #1 - 03/04/05 at 05:27:03
Post Tools
Why don't you try their back-up option of 2...Nf6 ^ 3.c4 Bf5!? - it is actually quite good, especially once W is committed to Nf3 like this.

If W avoids c2-c4, it will probably transpose to a Pirc (which presumably you are ready for after 1.d4 d6 2.e4 - unless you are planning 2...e5!?) but where, again, Nf3 means you have avoided some of the critical W attempts to bash the poor Pirc player over the head.

I suppose W could try 3.Bg5, but then you can play 3...Nbd7! 4.Nc3 e5 5.e4 Be7! and I tend to think Black is doing well as W does not usually play Bg5 in the Philidor.

If sometimes we fly too close to the sun, at least this shows we are spreading our wings.

IP Logged

HgMan
God Member

Demand me nothing: What
you know, you know

KID vs. d-pawn specials
03/03/05 at 22:07:33
Post Tools
I want to adopt Yrjola & Tella's proposed repertoire in An Explosive Chess Opening Repertoire for Black against 1 d4 (which consists of 1 ... d6), but I don't like their plan against 1 d4 d6 2 Nf3, which is 2 ... Bg4.  Nothing wrong with the move, just not my bag.  Can Black aim for a KID set up against White's plans that don't involve c4?  What are the potential strengths and weaknesses of the KID in these situations?

"Luck favours the prepared mind."  --Louis Pasteur

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo