Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Searching for "The Scotch Game" by Wells (Read 1669 times)
Paul Cumbers

Re: Searching for "The Scotch Game" by Wells
Reply #3 - 05/06/05 at 16:25:05
Post Tools
[quote author=Rainbird  link=1114679193/0#0 date=1114661191]I am looking for a used copy of "The Scotch Game" by Peter Wells (1998), which is out of print. If anyone knows where to get a copy (already tried the usual suspects like ebay, amazon, abebooks etc.) or wants to sell his/her copy for a good price (or borrow it to me), then please let me know.[/quote]
A few months ago I asked at a [i]Chess Direct[/i] bookstall if they had any copies, but to no avail. They said that even Peter Wells himself had asked them the same question!!

A couple of other related threads:

[b]Scotch books.[/b]
http://altmax.com/cgi-local/cpf/YaBB.cgi?board=1-1e4e5;action=display;num=1110847183;start=1

[b]Scotch Game? Is it any good?[/b]
http://altmax.com/cgi-local/cpf/YaBB.cgi?board=1-1e4e5;action=display;num=1109811986;start=

IP Logged

alumbrado
God Member

Esse quam videri bonus
malebo

Reply #2 - 04/28/05 at 04:55:39
Post Tools
Everyman are scheduling a book on the Scotch in the Starting Out series for August 2005 - but the author is not Wells but rather ChessPub's own John Emms ... a good enough recommendation in itself in view of the quality of most of Emms' work.

If sometimes we fly too close to the sun, at least this shows we are spreading our wings.

IP Logged

Benoni
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #1 - 04/28/05 at 04:40:32
Post Tools
I experienced similar problems but eventually got one on ebay.  However I believe Wells is working on a sequel which is due to hit the shelves in August.

IP Logged

Rainbird
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Searching for "The Scotch Game" by Wells
04/28/05 at 04:06:31
Post Tools
I am looking for a used copy of "The Scotch Game" by Peter Wells (1998), which is out of print. If anyone knows where to get a copy (already tried the usual suspects like ebay, amazon, abebooks etc.) or wants to sell his/her copy for a good price (or borrow it to me), then please let me know.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo