Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Most promising line against QGA? (Read 16023 times)
lnn2
God Member

Most promising line against QGA?
05/03/05 at 04:11:48
Post Tools
Opinions please. Smiley

Palliser's recommendation of the Furman variation is unsatisfactory for me at the moment, because of one very natural sequence which I've had many times now:

1. d4 d5 2. c4 dc4 3.Nf3 Nf6 4. e3 e6 5. Bc4 c5 6. Qe2 cd4! 7. ed4 Nc6! White has no choice but to gambit his d-pawn if he wants any edge. 8. 0-0 Nxd4! Absolutely right. The pawn can and should be taken. I believe this gambit is not promising for white. Palliser gives a few moves with the verdict "white has good compensation". But I am inclined to follow Sakaev/Semkov's verdict here: "They all say White had excellent compensation, but it is always like that with somebody else's pieces". Undecided

My main weapon has long been 3. e4 but Black is holding up well. Is 7. Bb3 or the good ol' 7. a4 the only way to go? What about the two knights (4. Nc3), I know it allows the slav and vienna but i play those for white anyway.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo