Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Does Chris Ward ever check out the message board (Read 2318 times)
TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Re: Does Chris Ward ever check out the message boa
Reply #2 - 06/04/05 at 18:07:55
Post Tools
Quote:
I've never seen a post from him on the forum although I stand to be corrected. His updates tend to steer away from the critical lines, it is almost like he is afraid to give away secrets. I suppose this is one disadvantage of having an active competitive player like Chris in charge of the section.

Sadly I have to agree here.

Moreover it may not be just a question of keeping secrets, it may also have something to do with not having all the answers.

The Dragon is a very demanding system, which requires a lot of hard analytical work especially in the Yugoslav Attack lines. However, provided you do this work well, the chances are the rewards can be great.

Lets hope that Chris's future updates addresses more of the critical lines and less of the fluff. Perhaps a ratio of 4 critical lines and 1 fluffy line as opposed to 4 fluffy lines and 1 critical line per update, would be more acceptable to Subscribers.

Admittedly critical lines tend to crop up in the Dragon on an almost daily basis, no sooner that one comes to grips with one problem than another rares its ugly head. I have taken a personal decision to keep some of my ideas under wraps for the moment, as I would prefer a chance to get in some of them over the board before disclosing them here.

I have also recently chosen to refrain, with one or two exceptions, from making theoretical conclusions on some of the lines that interest me. The reason being that  to do so invariably leads to requests to prove oneself, especially when ones point of view challenges a popular theoretical assessment. Since I am so bad at keeping secrets, I have thought it best to avoid situations that may precipitate their divulgence.

Perhaps Chris has similar reservations.

Top Grin

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Re: Does Chris Ward ever check out the message boa
Reply #1 - 06/03/05 at 06:06:58
Post Tools
I've never seen a post from him on the forum although I stand to be corrected. His updates tend to steer away from the critical lines, it is almost like he is afraid to give away secrets. I suppose this is one disadvantage of having an active competitive player like Chris in charge of the section.

IP Logged

Alex

Does Chris Ward ever check out the message board
06/03/05 at 00:27:54
Post Tools
I was just curious.  I udnerstand this isn't the d4 d5 board, but i just found out he was releasing Play the Queens Gambit for Everyman and I was wondering if there was a timetable or any early info on what would be covered...I also posted something on the d4 d5 board.  Thanks and sorry if this kind of post puts people off.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo