Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Tango line... (Read 2493 times)
Scott Rex

Re: Tango line...
Reply #2 - 08/03/05 at 17:09:47
Post Tools
Thanks for the response - nice to hear directly from the author!  So far I love the book (I also enjoyed "Play 1.d4!").  Please keep up the good work!

Scott

IP Logged

IMRichardPalliser

Re: Tango line...
Reply #1 - 07/31/05 at 05:03:52
Post Tools
Thanks Scott. I suppose if White wants to avoid a closed centre, in which case he should really avoid 3 Nc3 e5 4 d5, then 5 d6 has to be played. However, after 5...cxd6 6 Qxd6 Nc6 the WQ doesn't have a good square. Black has good development and after 7 Qd1 Bb4, intending ...d5, is surely pretty comfortably placed?

IP Logged

Scott Rex

Tango line...
07/27/05 at 09:20:07
Post Tools
Hey everyone,

I recently bought Richard Palliser's book on the Tango after browsing through it in a local bookstore.  I haven't studied it thoroughly yet, but I started to throw some Tango games into my internet matches to get some idea of the positions that arise.  As you'd expect in internet blitz, people play some odd lines.  There's one in particular that has been difficult for me, and I wanted to get some input on the following:

1.  d4 Nf6  2. c4 Nc6  3. Nc3 e5  4. d5 Ne7 5. d6

I can't find a reference to this move in the book, and it seems to cause me difficulty no matter how I handle the pawn advance.  Alot of the people I play love to push pawns (one of the reasons the Tango interests me - it encourages it!), so I imagine I'll face this advance fairly often.  I'd love to hear any suggestions that you have on this one. 

Thanks,
Scott

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo