Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Kings Indian Attack - Karpov System (Read 2369 times)
castlerock
God Member

Erro Ergo Sum

Re: Kings Indian Attack - Karpov System
Reply #3 - 09/07/05 at 02:28:56
Post Tools
Quote:
This habit of reposting is beginning to become a problem, viz Fluffy's multiple postings on Rizzitano's book.

Fluffy's double posting has solid reason behind it and was needed. The book spreads to 2 forums. QGA in 1.d4 d5 and 1.d4 d5 junk in d pawn special. So I find  nothing wrong.

CastleRock

IP Logged

bewildered
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #2 - 09/07/05 at 01:15:59
Post Tools
Whist you are correct, please note that the move order that I wished to discuss was a Sicilian, and was posted here before the French, but got no reaction whatsoever Angry.
Secondly, while I am grateful for the discussion in the French Forum, the topic I raised is highly specific, I am interested in a particular move order, and that thread has now meandered away from the subject ???.
Another name that has now come back into my memory as regards the original source (other than Ken Smith) is Andrew Martin, but I am still unable to find it in Black and White.
I should say that since posting in both Forums I have continued my researches, and still feel that I have found no satisfactory line for Black, so contrary to your suggestion, maybe this topic has greater importance than I first realised.

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
God Member
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #1 - 09/06/05 at 16:02:15
Post Tools
Why is this being reposted in a different space?  This topic is being covered already in the French column.  This redundancy will only lead to wasted efforts as players will discuss the same ideas without even realising it.  That is, if the topic interesting enough to begin with. 

This habit of reposting is beginning to become a problem, viz Fluffy's multiple postings on Rizzitano's book.

IP Logged

bewildered
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Kings Indian Attack - Karpov System
09/01/05 at 17:17:24
Post Tools
I have recently been revising my 5-year-old notes on the KIA, and I have come to the variation 1.e4 c5 2. Nf3 e6 3 d3 Nc6 4.g3 d5 5.Qe2, which used to be considered the strongest line, and still scores very well.  When I originally compiled my notes, the recommended line for Black was 5...dxe4 6.dxe4 e5, a line I remember well, as it seemed verging on anti-positional, and I remember a number of discussions with strong players who also had misgivings.  Two questions:  Firstly I cannot locate the source of this recommended line, so please can someone point me in the right direction (even if I am about to throw it away for ever, as on my Db it scores only 32% Sad) and Secondly what is currently considered Black's best response (and where can I find good notes on it outside Chess Publishing)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo