Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Suspected Gambit in Philidor (Read 2196 times)
basqueknight
Ex Member

Re: Suspected Gambit in Philidor
Reply #3 - 09/16/05 at 09:12:00
Post Tools
Indeed the world is at a loss since Tim had to stop writing. I met him in person at the michigan amature where his dauget was playing. She is also a budding gambiteer

But i do recomend Tims article to the enth degree. I also recomend recomend reading all of them even if would never play things like the omega gambit which i am crazy enough to play.

And indeed the articles that faraday mentioned are good other gems include "canning the caro-kann" and "master class"

IP Logged

Faraday
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #2 - 09/13/05 at 14:18:17
Post Tools
You may want to check out Tim McGrew's article at Chess Cafe.  He calls it the Blackburne Gambit.

http://www.chesscafe.com/text/mcgrew07.pdf

In fact, if this is your sort of thing, read all of Tim's articles in the Chess Cafe archives!!  It's a shame he's had to stop writing the Gambit Cartel as I always looked forward to his monthly column.  His pieces "The Power of Ideas" and "A Little Learning" were fantastic.

Faraday

P.S. In light of recent posts on the d-pawn specials board, I am not someone claiming that the BDG is a forced win, just that I enjoyed the columns! Tongue

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #1 - 09/13/05 at 06:36:23
Post Tools

IP Logged

Dzambus

Let's play chess...

Suspected Gambit in Philidor
09/13/05 at 06:24:12
Post Tools
Hi,
what do you think about this one:

1.e4 e5
2.Nf3 d6
3.d4  Bg4
4.d:e5 Nd7
5.e:d6 B:d6

Where can I find analysis?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo