Latest Updates:
Normal Topic New Roman's Lab Pirc DVD (Read 4710 times)
JEH
God Member

"Football is like Chess,
only without the dice."

Re: New Roman's Lab Pirc DVD
Reply #7 - 11/20/05 at 11:29:50
Post Tools
I've just watched this Today. I bought it mainly because I play the Pirc as Black and sometimes play Classical systems against it as White.

It's a good example of what can go wrong if Black plays pedestrian move orders. One of the critical lines that Roman covers I can't find in the Ultimate Pirc or Pirc Alert! So I'm glad I got it and it was interesting working out how I'd face it as Black.

Those who want to go by my perverse footsteps play such pawn structure with fuzzy atypical still strategic orientations

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middlegame with you

IP Logged

helmet
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 11/14/05 at 02:37:12
Post Tools
Whats wrong with the remedy given in pirc alert?
They recommend playing a6 and b6 fianchettoing the light squared bishop

IP Logged

kevinludwig

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #5 - 11/08/05 at 18:47:23
Post Tools
Charles_G it would depend on the move order by white but I guess you are talking about:

1 e4 d6 2. d4 Nf6 3. Nc3 g6 4. Nf3 Bg7 5. h3 c6 6. a4 0-0 7. Be3 d5 8. e5 Ne4 9. Nxe4 dxe4 10. Ng5 c5.

I seem to remember something in "Starting out: The Pirc" where Gallagher said (paraphrase) ideally white wants to play Bc4, Be3, and a4-a5 when he should have a clear advantage, but in practice he can't achieve all 3 things. Doesn't seem like the kind of system that would bother me though. I'll post any line I find in "starting out" when I get home tonight.

IP Logged

Charles_G
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #4 - 11/08/05 at 17:14:44
Post Tools
hey kalle at any point does he mention a early d5 by black? there is a line where you play a4 by white and they play d5.. let me know please. Thanks.

feel free to email me at Benko187@msn.com !
AIM  
IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #3 - 11/05/05 at 18:21:23
Post Tools
I wish the people who write such blurbs could manage to refrain from ridiculous claims such as "repertoire X forces a clear advantage against mainstream opening/defence Y."  I also wasn't aware that Dzindzi (however respectable his world ranking may have been 20+ years ago) plays on "the highest level."  A check of a couple of databases shows no games by him since 2002, and approximately two games against the Pirc (against FM/NM opposition) in the last 15 years.

IP Logged

kalle99

They say I have Aspbergers
syndrome.

Reply #2 - 11/05/05 at 17:41:35
Post Tools
Yes I got it.

In this video we see only the board!! and not the karismatic Roman. OKEY to the point.

It is basically and in short a repertoire  with the following setup :

e4  d4  Nc3 Nf3 h3 Be3 Be2  0-0..... if black plays c6 (intending b5) you play a4. Black has problems creating counterplay and white gets out of the opening with a small advantage.

I am now trying to play this system on the ICC  and I like more and more to play it. Kind of getting used to it.
And I also have got a slight feeling that the pirc players
are not overly happy to play against it.

"I Often see in chess forums people asking : " What is the current status of that line ?"&&&&Its a good reasonable question,but who can claim that he knows the answer ?!&&&&Semko Semkov Januari 2008

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Reply #1 - 09/25/05 at 19:12:45
Post Tools
This sounds like the same system that Roman detailed to Nigel Davies who subsequently recommended it in his recent Reti repertoire book.  There is a thread(threads?)  here on the forum  discussing some of the variations of the system.

IP Logged

BlkSabb

I love ChessPublishing.com!

New Roman's Lab Pirc DVD
09/25/05 at 18:34:24
Post Tools
Does anyone have this new one yet?  He's done a few other videos on the Pirc already.  I wonder if this one is any good and if it has mostly new material.

"Volume 25: Easy Way to Beat the Pirc Modern Defense

90 Minutes. On this DVD Roman gives you an easy to follow opening plan where you will get a clear advantage against the Pirc Modern defense and at the same time severely limit your opponent's counter play. Roman uses a timely a4 and h3 line to achieve fantastic results at the highest level."

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo