Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Young Fischers universal Bc4 (Read 6080 times)
basqueknight
Ex Member

Re: Young Fischers universal Bc4
Reply #15 - 12/06/05 at 23:37:26
Post Tools
i dont know the exact years but it he changed shortly after he started the european chess circuit. He played Bc4 against some lines still like the Najdorf and dragon but he started playing main line agains most everything else. And i know he still played it occasionally for all you fanatics out there who would undobtably take the time to explain that he played it on such and such a date.

But its just somthing to think about not as important as the move it self

IP Logged

lost highway

I may be crazy.

Reply #14 - 11/24/05 at 14:01:46
Post Tools
Who is "young Fischer"?  What years?

- Lost Highway

IP Logged

woofwoof
God Member

chess is like life

Reply #13 - 11/24/05 at 13:52:15
Post Tools
How come a discussion on the sicilian sozin got sidetracked to a pirc??? I dont see any subtle hint of a distant similarity betn the 2 systems?

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." - Murray Walker

IP Logged

basqueknight
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 11/24/05 at 13:23:42
Post Tools
http://www.jeremysilman.com/chess_bits_pieces/040417_Martin_Something_Against_th...

This is from andrew martin. He has a way of making you look at the most interesting lines. I would say that this has helped me come to turns with the pirc more than any other source so far. I went to chesslive.de after reading the article. and searched for the position. White is scoring more than average i would say about 70-75%. This is an unusaly high number for white.

Take a look its definitly somthing to look into and the attack more or less plays it self. The only player who has come to terms with it i would say is Seiriwan so check out his games because he knows a thing or two about the pirc.

IP Logged

Strptzr

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #11 - 11/23/05 at 10:16:18
Post Tools
Nice to read you've got your Chinbese attack (against the Pirc) all lined up. Where did you get your documentation on that ?

IP Logged

woofwoof
God Member

chess is like life

Reply #10 - 11/17/05 at 00:07:04
Post Tools
Looking at that game, i believe the 'bad' move here was 10.f5 in which 10....b4 is a strong move indeed. There was a similar pattern of this in Fischer-Tal 1958 (iirc) In that game Fischer played Na4 but by then it was downhill for him. This f5 move is rather premature here in these 2 examples, tho at 1 time it was considered one of the sharpest at whit'e disposal (probably sharper than e5)

Maybe that's the reason why Fischer switched to 9.Re1! threatening a thematic sac on e6 in later yrs.

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." - Murray Walker

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #9 - 11/16/05 at 20:34:04
Post Tools
One of my favourite Fischer games with 6.Bc4 is this one: 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 a6 6.Bc4 e6 7.Bb3 b5 8.o-o Be7 9.f4 Qc7 10.f5 b4! 11.fxe6 (11.Nce2 e5 12.Nf3 Bb7 =+ says Baljon) bxc3 12.exf7+ Kxf8 13.Bg5 Ng4! Fischer-Blackstone, Davis 1964. White was already lost.
Just a little warning.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #8 - 11/16/05 at 13:48:11
Post Tools
I would just add that Golubev's book starts with about a 10-page historically-oriented overview of the Sozin that is very nice.

IP Logged

woofwoof
God Member

chess is like life

Reply #7 - 11/16/05 at 13:31:03
Post Tools
Quote:
Ill have to take a look at those thank you very much. Now does any one have any games they recomend i study or go over. like perhaps the theoreticaly most important game.

Read Fischer's book. (Faber or Simon Schuster versions) Plenty of Bc4 games in there. Remember it was Fischer who popularised the this opening. So there are a lot of  new ideas  (at that time) involved.

Another book which I found helpful is the RHM surveys. Not sure if that series is still around now. If there are current versions try getting a copy on the Najdorf. I think theres another one on the Schevy. Chk it out.

IP Logged

basqueknight
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/12/05 at 19:16:27
Post Tools
Ill have to take a look at those thank you very much. Now does any one have any games they recomend i study or go over. like perhaps the theoreticaly most important game.

i am trying to do that now after watching the Kasparov DVD on the Najdorf. Look at the most historically and theoretically important games and studying them as deeply as i can. Looking at all the lines i can think of. And then using the computer for other lines to look at.

IP Logged

ArKheiN
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #5 - 11/12/05 at 12:28:59
Post Tools
The plan with Bc4 is good against the Najdorf and the classical sicilian, against the Dragon it can be used with transposition into a Yugoslav attack, or in a positional way with 0-0, h3, Bb3,... with a future Nd5...
Against the scheveningen, it's not bad, but less efficient compared to the najdorf or the classical sicilian because Black have more choice to developp, for example a fast Nc5... Sure it can transpose with Nc6 or a6, but Black should not.

Personnally I only play Bc4 against Nc6 and a6, it's my favourite choice. Golubev's book is really excellent, I like it very much, very good theory in it to play the Fischer Attack, Sozin and Velimirovic. That's a really good choice for an attackant player.

IP Logged

woofwoof
God Member

chess is like life

Reply #4 - 11/12/05 at 10:21:19
Post Tools
Probably the only book now on Bc4 is the Sicilian Sozin by Golubev. There's an out of print book Winning with the Fischer-Sozin Attack by Gary Lane. There's  also a book by Schiller but i'd just recommend that you avoid it. Most of his opening books received bad reviews. So i'm not surprised if this one is another piece of crap.

For me, I just used My 60 memorable games & Winning with the Najdorf by Daniel King for my reqd info & 'worked examples'. Remember once you understand the idea you can apply it elsewhere. The themes & ideas will always be similar.

IP Logged

basqueknight
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/12/05 at 09:52:06
Post Tools
It might not scare the draongeers but it may very well transpose into a yugoslav. Not only that but i dont think it is not so good against the Scheveningen. I mean it could very well just transpose into a Fishcer attack in the Najdorf or a Sozin or Velimirivic attack. Both are very exciting to play and i dont think that one can just say they wont cause problems.

Im am still currently playing OTB my 6.Bg5 which is always a bit sharper but only because i need to fine tune the Bc4 stuff.

ANy good books or software on these lines? Or a DVD?

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #2 - 10/06/05 at 09:42:57
Post Tools
Only against 2...d6/5...Nc6 and against 2...d6/5...a6. IMO 6.Bc4 is somewhat inferior against the Scheveningen 2...d6/5...e6.
It is lousy against the Paulsen/Kan/Taimanov and it will not scare the Dragoneers either.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

woofwoof
God Member

chess is like life

Reply #1 - 10/05/05 at 23:44:31
Post Tools
There are some comments on it found on the Open Sicilian For the Ameteur thread here. See if it helps.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo