Latest Updates:
Normal Topic The World Championshp and the Marhshall (Read 2547 times)
Smyslov_Fan
God Member
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Re: The World Championshp and the Marhshall
Reply #3 - 10/12/05 at 00:23:43
Post Tools
I consider the Marshall Gambit to be an excellent weapon for Black and therefore one of the most important openings for the White side of the Spanish to prepare for.

If White knows this, and prepares properly then the advantage usually goes to the better player.  This sounds like an ideal situation for any player of the Black pieces!  If you want specific lines, take a look at White's Re1xe5-e1-e4 as occurred in the World Championships.  Cool ideas for both sides there!

IP Logged

basqueknight
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/11/05 at 19:03:47
Post Tools
thats true but what about trickey mickey?

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
God Member
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #1 - 10/11/05 at 09:25:34
Post Tools
BK,

There are other threads in the Marshall, but just a gentle reminder:  Kasparov never allowed the Marshall.  We've seen more Anti-Marshalls than Marshalls this tournament!

IP Logged

basqueknight
Ex Member

The World Championshp and the Marhshall
10/11/05 at 08:57:18
Post Tools
The Marshall is poping up again! I dont know if i should fear this as a lopez player yet or not. but i always have a feeling of uncertainty when the world best are playing these lines!

I am influenced by the older stuff and the moro stuff more though and alot of the time people dont know what im doing! For instance my latest foray into the old 6.Bg5 Nbd7 najdorf,or the bronstein-larsen caro-kann!

I am one of the few at my level unaffected by trend and one of few at my level who does a lot of hope work!

So is the marhall coming out again on the Tournament scene or am i seeing ghosts.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo