Latest Updates:
Normal Topic A quick romantic outing with my old openings (Read 1452 times)
basqueknight
Ex Member

Re: A quick romantic outing with my old openings
Reply #4 - 10/18/05 at 23:44:59
Post Tools
I started out a french man myself but ya know how it go with the exchange variation. I prefer the closed sicilian to that any day.

IP Logged

castlerock
God Member

Erro Ergo Sum

Reply #3 - 10/18/05 at 23:22:16
Post Tools
Quote:
Im not sure. It seemed natural at the time when i played them. No feeling of regret at all. Maybe i can go back if itry hard enough.

That's want I wanted to convey. French converts are always welcome!

CastleRock

IP Logged

basqueknight
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/18/05 at 23:18:39
Post Tools
Im not sure. It seemed natural at the time when i played them. No feeling of regret at all. Maybe i can go back if itry hard enough.

IP Logged

castlerock
God Member

Erro Ergo Sum

Reply #1 - 10/18/05 at 22:59:51
Post Tools
So, finally what is the verdict? It is difficult for others to go back or it is always a quick romantic outcome? Wink

CastleRock

IP Logged

basqueknight
Ex Member

A quick romantic outing with my old openings
10/18/05 at 11:55:55
Post Tools
So the other day i had the chance to play a few blitz games with a friend of mine who is also on this forum. I had white in each case. I first played a smith-morra this wasnt really a stretch for me but the next game i opened with d4 and my buddy much to my amazement didnt play the kings indian because he claimed you know it better than i. Well jsut for future referance phil i only know it as  well as i do because i practice it at every oppurtunity and dont back down from some one with more knowlege on it. Just somthing to keep in mind when learning the opening. Then i went on to play a reti or more precisly a Kings Indian reversed. I won all these games but that really got me was the fact that i played some of my old stuff with out much thought. It just seemed like the right time to do so for some odd reason and i really hope my hands dont jump before my brain has a chance to think this coming championship.

there are 5 rounds and my goal is to take 4 undefeated if possible. Of course i would like 5! but i have to take off my rose tinted spectacles.

Does any one bring out there old loves on occasion and does any one have any fond memories of such an outing. It was a pretty neat feeling even if was just a quick romantic outing with an old love.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo