Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Delchev/Semkov book (Read 142283 times)
erik(Guest)

Re: The Delchev/Semkov book
Reply #28 - 02/16/06 at 17:39:53
Post Tools
When will we be able to buy it?  I see on the www.chess-stars.com website it still says "DISTRIBUTING".

IP Logged

slates
God Member

Reply #27 - 02/15/06 at 13:35:44
Post Tools
Re. The Safest Sicilian -

My copy of this book arrived today and whilst I didn't get more than a few minutes to look at it yet, first impressions are very favourable.  I much prefer the format of this one (repertoire summary/guidance in one section, theory in the next, and complete games in the last section for each line/setup) to the other Chess Stars book I have, Repertoire According to Karpov.

The English looks ok at first glance, as well, following comments that have been made to Semkov in other threads on this forum - there are one or two translation problems, but nothing serious that would cause problems in understanding.

I look forward to getting stuck into this book.

IP Logged

SniperOnG7

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #26 - 02/07/06 at 10:00:11
Post Tools
New Zealand
I'm a Kiwi Cool

IP Logged

Semko

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #25 - 02/07/06 at 09:18:09
Post Tools
SniperOnG7, where are you from?

IP Logged

SniperOnG7

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #24 - 02/06/06 at 00:41:10
Post Tools
@ Inn2

I beg your pardon...kinda misread your first post.

IP Logged

lnn2
God Member

Reply #23 - 02/05/06 at 13:21:46
Post Tools
SniperOnG7 wrote on 02/03/06 at 08:02:34:
Semkov...

Sorry, i have no experience in the Taimonov whatsoever (so my question may seem dumb) but im very tempted to try it out. Inn2 said that against the Be2/0-0 setup Black would be better NOT to adopt the pure Taimonov. Is this true?  Huh

i thought i only said Black has less winning chances in the pure taimanov than schevenigen! but then the trade-off is of course the taimanov position is more solid.. more risks= more rewards

Semkov may be right about schevenigen though. Some time ago I happen to witness GM Alekseev win VERY easily as White in the Be2/0-0 schvenigen, and then there is also Topalov getting into trouble recently..

IP Logged

SniperOnG7

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #22 - 02/05/06 at 10:31:33
Post Tools
@Semkov
Thank you very much... I definitely look forward to buying the book. For now I'll just have to wait. Here Down Under everything arrives later than everywhere else...  Cry

IP Logged

Semkov(Guest)

Reply #21 - 02/04/06 at 21:24:52
Post Tools
SniperOnG7,
Delchev (and many top GMs as Grischuk for example) thinks that the Sheveningen is quite dubious lately. He won easily as White several games during the last year to prove that.
He opened my eyes for the Bb4 and I sincerely think now that we'll be seeing more of that system in future. There are a lot of new ideas, mostly for Black, which cannot be said about the Scheveningen.

IP Logged

SniperOnG7

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #20 - 02/03/06 at 21:50:06
Post Tools
@ John Simmons
Yes you are right...I saw that game too saw how quickly Topalov got thrashed.
Thanks for reminding me Cheesy

IP Logged

John Simmons(Guest)

Reply #19 - 02/03/06 at 09:49:18
Post Tools
Hello
@SniperOn7

Delchev plays all the lines recommended in the book, and very often too, which is a good sign. The Schevnigen with a6 against Be2/0.0, certainly is not easy, look at Topalov's loss against Adams in recent game. (Topalov has been uncomfortable in several other games too, in this line.)
      Does anybody know what the problem is with Anand's Na5, instead of Ne5 of the book, against the English attack. Not many of the other top GM's seem keen on it.

Bye John S

IP Logged

krugman

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #18 - 02/03/06 at 09:04:21
Post Tools
well, the book certainly looks good but I don't know why, the taimanov has never really caught on with me...when I tried to play it some years ago, I recall that I didn't really like the long and rather forcing line starting with 9. Na4 if i recall properly...
Or maybe it's juste because, although the queen usually goes to c7 in these sicilians, I find that in the taima she goes there a bit too early...

IP Logged

SniperOnG7

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #17 - 02/03/06 at 08:02:34
Post Tools
Semkov...

Sorry, i have no experience in the Taimonov whatsoever (so my question may seem dumb) but im very tempted to try it out. Inn2 said that against the Be2/0-0 setup Black would be better NOT to adopt the pure Taimonov. Is this true?  Huh

IP Logged

Willempie
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #16 - 02/02/06 at 10:23:57
Post Tools
Semkov,

Thanks a lot, that will make it very easy to order.

PS I browsed through the lines in the index with winboard and it looks like my cup of tea. Smiley

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

IP Logged

Semkov(Guest)

Reply #15 - 02/02/06 at 09:42:37
Post Tools
Keano,
Against the English attack Delchev has only one loss and he found a terific improvement on that game during his work on the book. Black could have won by force.

IP Logged

Semkov(Guest)

Reply #14 - 02/02/06 at 09:37:22
Post Tools
Willempie,
There are two ISBN now:
ISBN 10: 954 8782 45 6
ISBN 13: 978 954 8782 45 6
In the Netherlands this week I have shipped the book to Schaak en go winkel het paard and to De Beste Zet.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo