Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Those pesky anti-Sicilians (Read 14915 times)
TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Re: Those pesky anti-Sicilians
Reply #3 - 11/17/05 at 17:17:34
Post Tools
This thread would be better placed in the Anti-Sicilian section.

Tops Grin

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

mlz3
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #2 - 11/17/05 at 17:05:27
Post Tools
Hello Fernando!

Thanks for the reply. The systems against which I am still searching for a definite counter-strategy include:
  (a) c3 Sicilian
  (b) Grand Prix Attack
  (c) Bb5 systems
  (d) systems with an early Bc4 (I especially seem to run into this. Drives me nuts!)

By the way, I know Gallagher's book is most likely dated but would you think it a good place to start? Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

mlz3

IP Logged

Fernando Semprun

Be nice to others. Life
is to be enjoyed!

Reply #1 - 11/17/05 at 16:08:22
Post Tools
I have both. Gallaguer's obviously dated, Rogozenko doesnot generate enthusiasm although it is probably a correct book.

Rogozenko seems to cater for antisicilians against his favourite Sveshnikov (but he does cater for all three main second moves), and Gallagher against his favourite Najdorf....

Also, it would be helpful to know which ones are bothering you righnt now...

Fernando Semprun

IP Logged

mlz3
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Those pesky anti-Sicilians
11/16/05 at 22:10:37
Post Tools
Hi Guys!

I love playing the Dragon as Black but, of course, one cannot escape being foiled in one's desires by a lousy anti-Sicilian. I am thinking of getting a book on anti-Sicilians and 2 come to mind: The Anti-Sicilians: A Black Survival Guide by Dorian Rogozenko (did I get that title right?) and Beating the Anti-Sicilians by Joe Gallagher. I know Rogozenko's book is more recent but Gallagher is one of my favorite authors! (I like playing the King's Indian against 1 d4.) Anyone who has any of these books? I'd like to hear your feedback. Thanks!

mlz3

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo