Latest Updates:
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) C27: Frankenstein-Dracula Variation (Read 10868 times)
pichorro
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: C27: Frankenstein-Dracula Variation
Reply #10 - 07/08/16 at 19:07:11
Post Tools
Sorry to resurrect this old discussion. Does anyone know a good text (or DVD) about the Frankenstein-Dracula variation?

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Re: C27: Frankenstein-Dracula Variation
Reply #9 - 10/08/11 at 14:07:57
Post Tools
*bump*

IP Logged

chessy

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Re: Frankenstein-Dracula Variation
Reply #8 - 02/13/06 at 09:55:20
Post Tools
Well I believe that after Na5 the position is at least unclear or slightly better for white. I prefare here the white side. The position is similar the the spanish exchange variation with reversed colors. But black (here white) has already the pawn on c4 and so a good controll over the center. The white plan is to force black to play c6 (for instance put the Night on d5 until black has enough of it and plays c6. Then set up pressure on the d-file against the d6 pawn with the heavy pieces. And then prepare for a f4 breakethroug when then black pieces are passive (protecting d6). An other advantage for white here is copared to the spanish exchange is that white has two nights (compare to the S.E. where white gives up the bishop pair. In this close position (vienna) the black bishop pair have no value.

At which move you dislike c6? for instance after 1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 Nf6 3. Nc3 c6 here 4. d4 is strong.

Personly I do not believe in the early f4 plans.

IP Logged

Darthmambo(Guest)

Reply #7 - 02/12/06 at 03:48:19
Post Tools
I have no problem playing the white side of the Frankenstein-Dracula Variation, but the lines where white plays an early na5 just take the fun out of playing bc4 on move 3. Then the lines where black plays c6 are tough too.

I have been looking at f4 on move 3.

What do all you other Vienna player feel is better?

IP Logged

chessy

Reply #6 - 02/06/06 at 12:23:47
Post Tools
I am wondering if in the 1.e4 e5 section this line ios covered?

IP Logged

chessy

Reply #5 - 02/01/06 at 15:07:51
Post Tools
Yes, there are many options for black with comfortable play. I also like 3.....Bb4 for black. All this lines are comfortable and safe. I agree and thanks to all.

3.....Nxe4 and 5....Nc6 makes the game sharper. Some might think it is not necessery to complicate the game in that way. I agree.

But still the resulting position is facinating ...at least to me. And if out there is somebody who would like to analyse it..... I am here.

Untill now, I could not find any source, which claims to favour a side (like the frankenstein-Draula is good for white or is bad for white). As far as I can judge it, the resulting positions are delightfully unclear.

IP Logged

IM Christoph Wisnewski

International Master

Reply #4 - 02/01/06 at 14:12:38
Post Tools
3...Nc6 would be my recommendation, too. The ensuing positions are comfortable for Black.

As already mentioned "Play the Open Games as Black" by Emms is a good source for further examination.

"Chess you don't learn, chess you understand!" (V. Korchnoi)
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

John Simmons(Guest)

Reply #3 - 02/01/06 at 13:59:51
Post Tools
Hello,

Another safe option for black is to play 3... Nc6, as recommended in John Emm's book.
   John Nunn's oldest book of games, analysis's the line you are interested, in some detail, "Secrets of GrandMaster Chess", I think it was called. Also Tim Harding as old articles on this line at the Chess Cafe, that you could google.

Bye John S

IP Logged

chessy

Reply #2 - 02/01/06 at 11:27:56
Post Tools
Sure. But maybe with 6.) Nf3 instead of Qxe5 the games has a more unclear character. For example 6....Nc6 7.)h4.

What do you think of this line? I think it is recommondation of garry lane in his book "vienna game". However I havent had a deep look at it yet.

Anyway you are right. It is of course not as exiting as the Frankenstein Dracula variation. But I am not favouring any side. I am just intressted in this position... lets say with both colors.

It is realy great fun to unalyse this position!

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #1 - 02/01/06 at 02:43:25
Post Tools
Before you spend a lot of time, take a look at 5...Be7 and 5.Qxe5+ first. These lines are a lot less fun.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

chessy

C27: Frankenstein-Dracula Variation
01/31/06 at 12:20:33
Post Tools
This is not a joke. the following line realy has this name.

1.) e4 e5 2.) Nc3 Nf6 3.)Bc4 Nxe4 4.)Qh5 Nd6 5.) Bb3 Nc6 6.) Nb5 g6 7.)Qf3 f5 8.)Qd5 Qe7 (or ..Qf6) Nxc7+

I started to analys this position. I have some material and shredder was working some time on it. But still I have no idea what is going on here!  Shocked  Shocked

If somebody knows more or is willing to analyse this position with, here I am.

In chesspublishing.com i am only member of 3 section. But not of it is e4 e5. Would there be a assessment of this line?
« Last Edit: 10/08/11 at 14:07:44 by Smyslov_Fan »  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo