Latest Updates:
Normal Topic How amateurs plays the Dragon (Read 1631 times)
Bragesjo(Guest)

How amateurs plays the Dragon
04/12/06 at 17:07:40
Post Tools
Hi!

I am a Swedish amateur club player and I have played the Dragon since about year 2000 and learned to play chess 1997. I have collected all of my black Dragon games that I have played on the internet, club matches, training blitz games, local club championships etc and I have created a new web site where my base is viewable and downloadable. The bases is updated as often as I get the chance to play the Dragon. Unfortunately I usually meets 1 d4 or anti Sicilians. Almost all of my games are Internet blitz games against other amateurs so the games are not in any theoretically interest but might bee looked at for some fun.

The address is http://hem.passagen.se/tbragesjo

The site is not much to look at in his stage, but my programming studies at the local university takes all of my time. In the future I might make a better and more fun Dragon web site.

Against bishop c4 Yugoslav I play rook c8 meeting h4 whit h5 (although I used to play Nc4 in the beginning). If they play g4 before h4 then I play b5. If they play the prophylactic Kb1 instead I play Re8.

Against immediately 0-0-0 Yugoslav I play d5.

But the majority of my games are minor lines.  Many amateurs play move like Nf3 and the first time I meet I blundered whit Bg7 and was choked by e5, even is the game became a draw me opponent stood better before I managed to outplay him and missed an easy win.

The bases has also a couple of Accelerated Dragons and anti Sicilians that leads to Dragon positions.

I have successively tried a couple of games whit the king in the middle but I do not fully believe in that system so I have returned to the mainlines again.

Not that the base is filled with time trouble blunders, time loses, mouseslips and sudden wins (like missed mate in one) when the other side stands better etc. That appears to both colours.

The base has currently 180 games : 139 wins, 18 draws and 23 loses

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo