Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New 1...e5! book by Mikhail Marin! (Read 186050 times)
mangler

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: New 1...e5! book by Mikhail Marin!
Reply #23 - 10/30/06 at 17:25:16
Post Tools
Thanks for the info on CBM 114, but I do hope it is not a preview of the book. Emms and Davies (not to mention Pinski) have all covered the Two Knights. It would be nice to have a repertoire book based on 3...Bc5, including the Evans, Moeller, etc.  

IP Logged

tracke

Introite tam etiam ibi
dei sunt

Reply #22 - 10/30/06 at 12:37:38
Post Tools
In Chessbase Magazin 114 there´s an opening database by Marin featuring
1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.d3 h6 5.0-0 d6 from Black´s point of view.
Great stuff! Some nice analysis but also more general remarks: Marin likes the
games of Malaniuk, this system is sharp not tactically but strategically and so on.
Obviously you could take this database as a preview of the forthcoming book.

tracke  Smiley

IP Logged

micawber
God Member

like many sneaks and skunks
in history he's a poet

Reply #21 - 10/30/06 at 07:53:11
Post Tools
Is the 1...e5 (everything but the spanish  Wink book allready available. I think I saw november 7th as the expected publication date somewhere?

IP Logged

Beetlejuice

Be careful out there!

Reply #20 - 10/26/06 at 14:53:18
Post Tools
Keano wrote on 10/26/06 at 08:20:52:
Eh...sorry I think the Lopez is his next book...presumably  Huh

Yes and no, this is what Amazon tells:

Quote:
Acclaimed author and chess grandmaster Mihail Marin presents an opening repertoire for Black against the Open Games. This means providing an answer to 1.e4, but not considering the main lines of the Spanish Opening. This includes openings such as the Scotch, the Vienna, the Spanish Exchange Variation, and even the notorious King’s Gambit. Marin uses his renowned writing skills to explain the ideas behind each move, so Beating the Open Games escapes the standard opening book trap of being a boring list of analysis. Marin has based the book mainly on his own repertoire and reveals many original moves and ideas. After studying this book the reader will not only have an excellent (blah-blah-blah etc. etc.)

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #19 - 10/26/06 at 08:20:52
Post Tools
Eh...sorry I think the Lopez is his next book...presumably  Huh

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #18 - 10/26/06 at 08:18:57
Post Tools
Also, anyone know what line of Chigorin? I hope something solid and not that Keres malarky Davies suggested, which looks more like a hypermodern defence to me.

IP Logged

Nietzsche

Huggy Bear is coming.
You'd better run.

Reply #17 - 10/26/06 at 05:41:35
Post Tools
Does anyone know what lines Marin in offering?

Has someone seen what he recommends against Scotch, Vienna, King's Gambit, etc.?

"By some ardent enthusiasts Chess has been elevated into a science or an art. It is neither; but its principal characteristic seems to be what human nature mostly delights in - a fight." - Em. Lasker

IP Logged

Alias
God Member

Reply #16 - 10/13/06 at 07:02:34
Post Tools
He has also played the Chigorin and wrote a NiC yb article on it not long ago.

Don't check me with no lightweight stuff.

IP Logged

ghenghisclown
God Member

Pedicare Vestri Latin

Reply #15 - 10/13/06 at 04:48:42
Post Tools
Huh Looking at Marin's games online, I see that almost all the time he employs (if he plays 1...e5) the open defense to the Spanish. So, I'm wondering if Aagaard was just trying to throw you off, MortalGames...

"Experience is a dim lamp, which only lights the one who bears it."

IP Logged

Trolletje
YaBB Newbies

Reply #14 - 10/03/06 at 17:39:07
Post Tools
Nice, very nice news  Cheesy
I liked the books from Quality Chess very much, and I am looking forward to see these Mahil Marin books  Smiley

IP Logged

Mortal Games
God Member

Reply #13 - 10/03/06 at 13:05:03
Post Tools
Hi!

I talked again with Jacob Aagard and the new book on the spanish (A Spanish Repertoire for Black) by Mikhail Marin after "Beating the open games" will be about various Chigorin lines.  Smiley

Quote:
One method that I use to find out what's cooking over at Quality Chess is to use the Advanced Search function on Amazon.com and then I punch in Quality Chess under publisher and 2006 under the year to see what is up.  There are a few interesting books on tactics, attack, and defence coming up but I don't see any opening books yet like Marin's.  Hope that helps.   

p.s. i do this with batsford and everyman stuff too.

This is a good way to explore what will be the new books from Quality Chess, but the only problem is that Quality Chess only have two catalogues a year (Spring and Outumn) and the search function on Amazon only shows the books of recent catalogue or only a few outside this. For example, "Beating the Open Games" was outside outumn catalogue and was recently on the search function, but in this function we cannot see what will be all the next books for the next months until the end of the year (until next spring catalogue) and Aagard told me about a lot of books for the comming two months.

It has been said that chess players are good at two things, Chess and Excuses.  It has also been said that Chess is where all excuses fail! In order to win you must dare to fail!

IP Logged

Mortal Games
God Member

Reply #12 - 10/03/06 at 11:01:17
Post Tools
Quote:
I think that would be too much - system in Spanish deserves a separate volume all to itself

Good news!

I talked with Aagard again and after the release of Beating the open games, Mikhail Marin will publish a book called A Spanish Repertoire for Black that comes out maybe in 3-4 months after the first book. 
I agree with Keano that the spanish opening deserves another volume. What spanish will be is still a secret.  Smiley

It has been said that chess players are good at two things, Chess and Excuses.  It has also been said that Chess is where all excuses fail! In order to win you must dare to fail!

IP Logged

neuronet
YaBB Newbies

Struggling patzer

Reply #11 - 06/16/06 at 22:57:03
Post Tools
Here's the amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/9197600431/ref=nosim/102-4172359-3635332?n=2831...

As others have said, it will be in a similar style to Emms book 'Play the Open Games as Black': everything but the Ruy.

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #10 - 06/09/06 at 11:30:03
Post Tools
I think that would be too much - system in Spanish deserves a separate volume all to itself

IP Logged

Trolletje
YaBB Newbies

Reply #9 - 06/08/06 at 20:20:27
Post Tools
The Quality Chess autumn catalogue is now available on www.qualitychessbooks.com.
The new Marin book - Beating the Open Games - comes out in Autumn 2006 and doesn't mention the (mail line) Ruy Lopez Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo