Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New 1...e5! book by Mikhail Marin! (Read 186477 times)
Mortal Games
God Member

Re: New 1...e5! book by Mikhail Marin!
Reply #8 - 05/18/06 at 20:07:32
Post Tools
Thanks, I talked today with Aagard and he made bit of humor about the fact that the book of Marin is a secret and how can I know  Grin and told me that the book will be available in august and a good way to know when the book will be out is to sign the newsletter from Quality Books.
I discover yet another book in the Ruy Lopez for Everyman- Play the Ruy Lopez will be out in november 06.      

It has been said that chess players are good at two things, Chess and Excuses.  It has also been said that Chess is where all excuses fail! In order to win you must dare to fail!

IP Logged

guest(Guest)

Reply #7 - 05/18/06 at 19:26:58
Post Tools
One method that I use to find out what's cooking over at Quality Chess is to use the Advanced Search function on Amazon.com and then I punch in Quality Chess under publisher and 2006 under the year to see what is up.  There are a few interesting books on tactics, attack, and defence coming up but I don't see any opening books yet like Marin's.  Hope that helps. 

p.s. i do this with batsford and everyman stuff too.

IP Logged

Mortal Games
God Member

Reply #6 - 05/13/06 at 12:24:50
Post Tools
The author and subject is correct and here is the complete interview with Michael Marin at http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2980
Quote:
Finally, there is of course no reason for resting on your laurels. You have won a Book of the Year award, but I assume that this is not the last chess fans will hear from Mihail Marin. What does the immediate future hold for you as a chess writer?

I am currently working on my first opening book, which will be published soon by QCE. It is about fighting the open games as Black. Although I am supposed to make all the variations playable for Black (and I will definitely do that) sometimes I feel like turning the tables and taking White’s side when it comes to such fascinating lines as the Evans Gambit or the Max Lange Attack. It is incredible what richness of ideas you can find in the games of the old masters. I have several other plans for new books and hope that I shall have the time and the strength to put them in practice. Openings, history, strategy, although when I write I cannot really separate these domains from each other.

The only problem with Quality Chess books is that we cannot see a forthcoming book list in the site and we only know that the book will appear soon. I will try to ask Aagard about this. I think it will be a great book, because Michael Marin is a great author and I think this book will cover subjects that other books like Davis- Play 1.e4 e5! do not cover like for example Italian Opening wich in my view is a better choice than the Two Knight´s and I am curious about other choices like Scotch (Davies book covers 4...Bc5 and in my view 4...Nf6 is better like the openings expert Mr. Sveshnikov told long time ago) and King´s Gambit etc (Davies choose King´s Gambit Declined and I expect to see another choice). I want to see a five stars excellent book for 1...e5! in ChessCafe critics and not only a four star recommended. In all, I think 1...e5 deserves to have a bible long time ago and in cd-rom too because there is a lack in Spanish or 1...e5 repertoire cd´s of quality with games analysed in the market. I bought today a cd from Shirov´s games in the Spanish and Andrew Martin said that it is great material (4h t0 5h!). I will receive it next week. I think Michael Marin will not choose a title like 1.e4 e5! because the less we scream about that the better  Grin I expect a title like: Fighting the Open Games as Black.        

It has been said that chess players are good at two things, Chess and Excuses.  It has also been said that Chess is where all excuses fail! In order to win you must dare to fail!

IP Logged

micawber
God Member

like many sneaks and skunks
in history he's a poet

Reply #5 - 05/13/06 at 11:57:03
Post Tools
While his book is not yet finished, we can all enjoy his analysis of the Mtel-tournament on the chessbase site.

IP Logged

Alias
God Member

Reply #4 - 05/13/06 at 06:24:31
Post Tools
I don't think there's a title ready yet. The author and subject is correct.

Don't check me with no lightweight stuff.

IP Logged

notyetagm

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #3 - 05/13/06 at 05:48:01
Post Tools
Are you sure you've got the author right? That title does sound suspiciously close to the recent book by Davies.

IP Logged

alumbrado
God Member

Esse quam videri bonus
malebo

Reply #2 - 05/12/06 at 13:23:46
Post Tools
Keano wrote on 05/11/06 at 16:02:47:
I dont know but is the exclamation mark after 1...e5 part of the title? If so I think he could be right  Huh

Well, Davies's book was called Play 1.e4 e5! so there is no reason for Marin not to do likewise ...

If sometimes we fly too close to the sun, at least this shows we are spreading our wings.

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #1 - 05/11/06 at 16:02:47
Post Tools
I dont know but is the exclamation mark after 1...e5 part of the title? If so I think he could be right  Huh

IP Logged

Mortal Games
God Member

New 1...e5! book by Mikhail Marin!
05/10/06 at 17:52:51
Post Tools
Hi!
Anyone knows when will be released the new 1...e5! book by Mikhail Marin?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo